|Lady Legs / Holy Heatwave|
|Add Date:||2019-04-02||Pull Date:||2019-06-04|
|Week Ending:||2 Jun||26 May||19 May||28 Apr||21 Apr||14 Apr|
|1.||Jun 01, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
|4.||May 21, 2019:||All Passion No Technique |
|2.||May 26, 2019:||music to |
French Beach Music
|5.||May 12, 2019:||music to |
|3.||May 25, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Apr 23, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment |
French Beach Music
Lady Legs/ Holy Heatwave|
Holy Heatwave is the debut album of Lady Legs, a Southern band hailing from Auburn, Alabama. Formed in 2012, Lady Legs began as a group of four friends who went around playing college house parties. Soon enough the band garnered attention and buzz, allowing them to fill some of the most esteemed music venues in Birmingham and perform in music festivals. While creating creating their album, Lady Legs drew inspiration from their shared love of The Strokes, The Rolling Stones, The Pixies, and Real Estate. Ultimately, their charismatic debut album, Holy Heatwave, is a lovely fusion of energetic garage rock tinged with poppy indie rock.
RIYL: Boy Pablo, Hippo Campus, Beach Goons, The Strokes, Death Cab for Cutie
FCC WARNING: 2, 8, 9
Recommended Tracks: 3, 11, 5, 9, 1
1. *(2:07) Real Thing - Upbeat love song about finding someone special in your life. Male vocals, guitar-driven. Small pause at 1:00 and tempo picks up again at 1:02.
2. (3:08) Bottomless Pit - FCC [Shit]. Upbeat, indie rock vibes. Introspective song about the uncertainties in life. Fades out at 3:00.
3. ****(4:31) French Beach Music - Breezy, chill song. Feels like a relaxing day at the beach. Minimal lyrics. Slowly fades out.
4. (4:36) Out Like A Light - Guitar-driven. Song about rising up against conformity. Long instrumental finish begins at 2:50 and builds to a climax at 4:16. Song fades out.
5. **(3:26) Holy Heatwave - Feels like a hazy, hot summer afternoon in the desert. Begins with slow tempo and gradually picks up speed. Drawn-out vocals. Instrumental finish beginning at 2:45. Builds to a beautifully chaotic finale. Fades out.
6. (2:33) No Job - Angsty song about being fed up with the world. Garage rock vibes and emo vocals. Fades out.
7. (3:34) Hair Down - Groovy song about the overwhelming sensation of falling in loving. Instrumental finish beginning at 2:20. Includes a guitar solo. Twinkling fade out.
8. (3:19) Sober - FCC [asshole]. Minimal lyrics. Song about living in the moment. Playful and free-flowing instrumental breaks. Fades out.
9. *(4:18) Haunted - possible FCC [pissed]. Slow tempo. Song about dealing with the end of a relationship and feelings of loneliness and regret. Garage rock vibes. Emo vocals. Long echoing fade out beginning at 3:50.
10. (3:19) Take Control - Slow, echoing guitar intro. Alternates between upbeat vibes and laid-back vibes. Builds to an exploding, cathartic end. Echoing fade out begins at 3:09.
11. ***(2:59) Coastline - Sweet song about taking a spontaneous trip to the beach with a special someone. Catchy chorus, upbeat vibes.
|1.||Real Thing||6.||No Job|
|2.||Bottomless Pit||7.||Hair Down|
|3.||French Beach Music||8.||Sober|
|4.||Out Like A Light||9.||Haunted|
|5.||Holy Heatwave||10.||Take Control|