|Helado Negro / This Is How You Smile|
|Album:||This Is How You Smile||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Helado Negro||Added:||Mar 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-06-18||Pull Date:||2019-08-20|
|Week Ending:||Aug 18||Aug 11||Aug 4||Jul 28||Jul 14||Jun 30||Jun 23|
|1.||Feb 09, 2023:||emergency meeting |
|4.||Aug 07, 2019:||The Library |
|2.||Aug 25, 2021:||Brownian Motion (rebroadcast from Jul 24, 2019) |
Todo Lo Que Me Falta
|5.||Aug 03, 2019:||Music Casserole |
Seen My Aura
|3.||Aug 17, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Jul 31, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
This Is How You Smile is the sixth official album by Brooklyn, New York artist Helado Negro. Sonic dreamscapes filled with calm, organic, and melancholic sounds and clamors. This is his most atmospheric set of recordings to date.|
Something else from the press release:
Helado Negro returns with This Is How You Smile, an album that freely flickers between clarity and obscurity, past and present geographies, bright and unhurried seasons. Miami-born, New York-based artist Roberto Carlos Lange embraces a personal and universal exploration of aura – seen, felt, emitted – on his sixth album and second for RVNG Intl.
RIYL: Y La Bamba, Panda Bear, Balún, Spelling and Juan Wauters.
FCC WARNING: 11
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10
1. (3:04) **Please Won't Please – Slow tempo. Relaxed, dreamy track. Vocals, distant sounds, and a tamed electronic drum beat.
2. (3:23) *Imagining What To Do – Slow tempo. Vocals, acoustic guitar strumming, synths and more synths sounds. Electronic steel drums solo included.
3. (1:10) Echo for Camperdown Curio – Slow tempo. Instrumental. Manipulated found sounds.
4. (4:24) **Fantasma Vaga – Slow tempo. Calmness everywhere. Some vocals, synths and a distant beat.
5. (4:32) ***Pais Nublado – Slow tempo. Stress-free track. Part folk, part ambient pop. The single of the album.
6. (4:25) **Running – Slow tempo. The most pop track in this collection. Beautiful vocal melody and synth elements.
7. (4:08) **Seen My Aura – Medium tempo. Classic Helado Negro vaporwave sound here. Includes guitar solo.
8. (3:17) Sabana de luz – Solo tempo. Part folk, part ambient pop. Electronic steel drums solo sounds included.
9. (2:23) *November 7 – Slow tempo. Instrumental recording. Part ambient, part manipulated field recording.
10. (4:36) **Todo Lo Que Me Falta – Slow tempo. Relaxed, dreamy track part II. Vocals, distant sounds and a controlled electronic drum beat in the far distance.
11. (3:54) Two Lucky – [FCC: Shit]. Slow tempo. Vocals and synths. Minimalist lounge pop.
12. (1:38) My Name Is For My Friends – Slow tempo. Instrumental. Manipulated found sounds part II.
|1.||Please Won't Please||7.||Seen My Aura|
|2.||Imagining What To Do||8.||Sabana De Luz|
|3.||Echo For Camperdown Curio||9.||November 7|
|4.||Fantasma Vaga||10.||Todo Lo Que Me Falta|
|5.||Pais Nublado||11.||Two Lucky|
|6.||Running||12.||My Name Is For My Friends|