|Deadbeat & Camara / Trinity Thirty|
|Artist:||Deadbeat & Camara||Added:||04/2019|
|Add Date:||2019-05-10||Pull Date:||2019-07-12||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||23 Jun|
|1.||Jul 17, 2019:||The Library |
|3.||Jun 18, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
Mining For Gold
|2.||Jul 13, 2019:||Music Casserole |
Deadbeat & Camara - “Trinity Thirty”|
Trinity Thirty is a collaborative between downtempo electronic musicians Scott Monteith and Fatima Camara. It’s an homage to “The Trinity Session” record by Cowboy Junkies, which tbh I’ve never heard, but which I’m not curious to hear given how vibey this record is. This album is dark, dreamy, and full of low end and interesting tones. Really cool, slow, vibey, electronic jams with vocals.
RIYL: Cowboy Junkies, dark and downtempo electronic music,
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 5*, 9*, 10*
1. Mining for Gold - 4:20 - droney and sludgey, with sort of dark introspective vibe. super thick bassline and swirly, echoey, sounds surround the voice of Fatima Camara as she sings about mining for gold.
2. Misguided Angel - 5:36 - ethereal vibe - very melodic and reverbed out vocals, along with drenched-in-reverb rimshot nice low end kick drum and bassline, along with subtle synths.
3. Blue Moon Revisited (Song for Elvis) - 5:45 - Wow! Super low end bass and vibes on this cover. and cool echoed/filtered snare adds a ton of texture.
4. I Don’t Get it after Midnight (Medler) - 7:54 - More atmospheric This one is super groovy and has who I presume to be Scott singing. Very cool eery piano keys come in at certain points. This is a wonderful jam.
5. I’m So Lonesome I could Cry - 5:17 - Really slow ballad type vibe; more of the same vibes —> deep low end bass, atmospheric sounds from guitars and synths drenched in reverb and filling up the mid and higher end frequencies. Kind of depressing but in a nice way.
6. To Love Is To Bury - 4:20 - Scott singing on this one, with Fatima hitting the background vox. The tremolo on the synth on this one adds atmosphere in addition to the other ethereal chimes and sounds that are all awash in reverb.
7. Dreaming My Dreams With you - 4:28 -More excellent percussion EQ’d nicely and panned to create a lot of space in the mix to counterpose with the deep low end bass;
8. 200 More Miles - 5:29 - almost a more upbeat vibe on this one! Vocals way more in the background and reverbed than previous songs; Very moody.
9. Working On A Building - 6:45 - Ooh, this one starts off groovy. This is my favorite one on the record because it’s moody, but has a bit more groove than the other ones; Same great formula of nicely overdriven and compressed low end bass with metallicy/reverb drenched sounds and guitars adding wonderful atmosphere.
10. Postcard Blues - 6:03 - Lots of low end vibes; very slow start. Vocals come in at 2min. Very cool dark jam with same ingredients as previous tracks, except this one feels like it has more space in between the bursts of low end.
11. Sweet Jane - 5:36 - wonderful cover of a classic! All the sick ingredients described in previous tracks, but with some synted out guitars to boot.
|1.||Mining For Gold||6.||To Love Is To Bury|
|2.||Misguided Angel||7.||Dreaming My Dreams With You|
|3.||Blue Moon||8.||200 More Miles|
|4.||I Don't Get It After Midnight (Medley)||9.||Working On A Building|
|5.||I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry||10.||Postcard Blues|