Infinite Summer is the third EP by Los Angeles dream pop musician Samira Winter, better known simply as Winter. Infinite Summer is a well-crafted collection of stimulating retro-shoegaze tracks driven by Samira’s lovely voice and a practical but tasteful production. Songs in English and Portuguese. Sonhos para você e para mim.
Something else from the press release:
The “Infinite Summer” EP shows a more playful 80’s spin on Winter’s already melancholic sound. This bilingual release, with songs in both English and Portuguese, is uplifting and fresh. With fun dream pop songs such as “Everything” and “Bonsai” as well as introspective tracks like “Always Teenager” and “Disappear,” there’s a little something for everyone. The indie pop tunes were recorded at the former Echo Park Lolipop Records studio produced by Wyatt Blair.
RIYL: Tanukichan, Golden Daze, Ian Sweet, Tamaryn and Summer Twins.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1. (3:06) ***Everything – Medium-up tempo. Dream pop meets shoegaze. Catchy melody. Solid track.
2. (2:35) *Bonsai – Medium-up tempo. Classic late 1980s dream pop sound here. Nice guitars.
3. (4:43) *Always Teenager– Slow/medium tempo. Early 1990s pop punk a la Sub Pop/Geffen Records.
4. (3:08) **Borboletas – Medium-up tempo. Dream pop meets shoegaze part II. Great melody.
5. (1:53) *Disappear – Slow tempo. Dreamy, acoustic recording. Cool sound effects.