Permanent is the sophomore studio album by Bakersfield dreampop duo Fawns Of Love. Taking the direction of Xymox's late 1980s records, Fawns of Love have merged into their compositions faster tempo beats and a pop energy that have allowed the band to nurture their already exquisite dreamgaze sound. One of my favorite albums of 2019.
Something else from the press release:
Fawns of Love start the new year off right with the release of their highly anticipated new LP titled Permanent. Mixed and mastered by Josiah Mazzaschi (whose credits include The Jesus & Mary Chain and Built to Spill), Husband and wife duo Jenny & Joseph Andreotti's second full length release takes their classic era dream pop sound to it’s highest level yet. Stand out tracks like Someday, Mournful Eyes, and December showcase Jenny's angelic vocals and ear worm melodies over Joseph's hook filled guitar lines and driving vintage drum machine beats that are destined for the dance floor.
RIYL: Xymox, Chasms, Seefeel, The Morelings and Miserable.
1. (4:22) ***Someday– Medium-up tempo. Dream pop meets synth pop. Great melody. Beautiful vocals.
2. (4:25)**December– Medium-up tempo. The Cure meets Xymox. Memorable vocals. Lovely piece.
3. (5:12)***Horoscope– Medium-up tempo. Great synths and guitars here. Hypnotic. Play it!
4. (3:30)**Permanent– Medium-up tempo. Another exquisite track here. New Order would be proud.
5. (5:41)**Mournful Eyes – Medium-up tempo. Dream pop meets synth pop part II. Striking vocals.
6. (3:16)*Divine– Medium-up tempo. More fine synths and guitars here. Magnetic.
7. (3:42)***Anarchy & Kisses – Medium-up tempo. Dream pop meets synth pop part III. Big fan of the melancholic vibe and the vocals.
8. (4:01)Wasted Days – Medium-up tempo. Great melody. Xymox would be proud.