|Titus Andronicus / An Obelisk|
|Add Date:||2019-07-08||Pull Date:||2019-09-09|
|Week Ending:||11 Aug||4 Aug||21 Jul|
|1.||Mon, 24 Feb 20:||a.b. en masse|
good boy sweater
|4.||Wed, 07 Aug 19:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Sun, 15 Sep 19:||Kim|
|5.||Sat, 03 Aug 19:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|3.||Sat, 14 Sep 19:||Eme O|
|6.||Sun, 14 Jul 19:||Nova|
Complete with shouting vocals, manageably paced punk-like riffs, and guitar solos, “An Obelisk” is the 6th album by this New Jersey band. They recorded it in only 6 days. With enraged lyrics grieving our sociopolitical regime under D. Trump-- in songs like tracks 3, 7, 8, & 10-- vocalist Patrick Stickles is there with us in feeling helpless. Brace yourself for these indie anarcho-punk ballads.|
All FCC clean!
Try 3, 4, 7, 10
RIYL: Dead Kennedys, Buzzcocks, Black Flag, The Ramones
1. Just Like Ringing a Bell – 3:30 – Fun punk-y track, with a guitar solo and some well-placed “ooh yeahs” in the middle. Abstract political lyrics.
2. Troubleman Unlimited – 4:28 – Snarling vocals throughout with anti-heroic vibes. Colorful guitar solo accompanied by nodding drums.
3. **(I Blame) Society – 3:20 – Angsty, self-explanatory message in this song. Catchy chorus, fiercely upbeat guitar.
4. **My Body and Me – 3:50 – Slow, badass blues riff; this track is not in a rush. But it’s still an entertaining thrill, guitar solo and all. So you have more time to digest it while it’s playing.
5. Hey Ma – 5:30 – Also sounds like blues, but didn’t keep my attention the way “My Body and Me” did. The last 2.5 mins are a drum and guitar solo.
6. Beneath the Boot – 1:27 – Short and sweet, shouting ode to rebellion.
7. **On the Street – 1:07 – Hell yes, a song against police brutality! Plus, the vocals swim really nicely with the loud chords of guitar.
8. Within the Gravitron – 5:34 – Poppy jingle with a relatively wholesome vibe, but still with grimy vocals. The only song on the album with a drastically quieter guitar-drum solo. Lyrics allude to “Troubleman” again (see track 2).
9. The Lion Inside – 4:26 – Smooth, predictable guitar and drums, not very dynamic in volume. This track is lackluster compared to the others.
10. **Tumult Around the World – 5:08 – Indie rock verve with punk vocals makes for a fun and unexpected closing here!
|1.||Just Like Ringing A Bell||6.||Beneath The Boot|
|2.||Troubleman Unlimited||7.||On The Street|
|3.||(I Blame) Society||8.||Within The Gravitron|
|4.||My Body And Me||9.||The Lion Inside|
|5.||Hey Ma||10.||Tumult Around The World|