|Album:||Ana Echo And The Beauty Of Indifference||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Λ° C||Added:||Jun 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-07-08||Pull Date:||2019-09-09|
|Week Ending:||Sep 1||Aug 25|
|1.||Jun 15, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 14, 2019)
|4.||Aug 31, 2019:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|2.||Sep 15, 2019:||Audio Ambrosia
Beauty Of Indifference
|5.||Aug 24, 2019:||Music Casserole
|3.||Sep 14, 2019:||Music Casserole
Some of the songs with vocals are overly repetitive and go on for longer than they need to, but I put my seal of approval on the **’ed songs. Those ones came across just right. Scenes from the movie Drive come to mind when listening to this album (see: neon signs, low riders, and dark highways).
Try 3, 4, 5, 7, 9
RIYL: Air, Soft Cell, Depeche Mode
1. Grey Goo – 5:20 – Light and airy, moderately paced with cool echo-y vocals & tinkling for the last minute. Repetitive.
2. Get Out – 3:33 - Emotional, almost pleading vocals on a nice bouncy beat. Swell track to drive your car to.
3. **Beauty of Indifference – 3:37 – Pretty vocal melody over fast beats. Sounds like it would play at the end of an 80s romantic drama.
4. **Dog On – 4:37 – Heavy and moody intro. Vocals convey anger, but still sound composed and elegant. Pairs great with the music.
5. **Simulacra – 2:57 – Upbeat. A bit of a repetitive beat, but used in a smart way that works for this track and mood. A song I would work out to.
6. R & R – 3:28 – Meh. Okay song. Repeats “rhythm and rhyme” a bunch near the end.
7. **Fashionable Linguistics – 4:48 – Badass booming beat that changes pace throughout the song and the vocals have sass.
8. Do I Have the Authority? (For the Sheer Frost Orchestra) – 4:10 – Drawn out, Depeche Mode-y vocals.
9. **Precious – 4:04 – Deep & complex intro! Wow. And surprise—it’s a lovely, androgynous-sounding Depeche Mode cover.
10. P M M D M D – 2:59 – Eerie & mysterious instrumental. Sounds chompy, like a monster is approaching, from 0:44 onward. Evokes the soundtrack of the movie It Follows.
11. Long For You, Desiree – 4:01 – Dream pop-y instrumental. Sounds a whole lot like the reverberating music in “Pink Orange Red” by the Cocteau Twins.
12. Time To Change History – 3:58 – Instrumental with piano. Whoa, it gets distorted about a minute in.
13. Miss Appropriation – 3:38 – FCC, has one “fuck.” Deep subject matter, but not as exciting of a listen, with moderately paced vocals.
|1.||Grey Goo||7.||Fashionable Linguistics|
|2.||Get Out||8.||Do I Have The Authority? (For The Sheer Frost Orchestra)|
|3.||Beauty Of Indifference||9.||Precious|
|4.||Dog On||10.||P M M D M D|
|5.||Simulacra||11.||Long For You, Desiree|
|6.||R & R||12.||Time To Change History|