|German Error Message / Mend|
|Artist:||German Error Message||Added:||08/2019|
|Add Date:||2019-10-07||Pull Date:||2019-12-09|
|Week Ending:||8 Dec||1 Dec||27 Oct||13 Oct|
|1.||Jun 11, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Nov 26, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJs Pixel and DJ Away |
|2.||Dec 07, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Oct 26, 2019:||Music Casserole |
Red Kitchen, Saltless
|3.||Dec 05, 2019:||Being as an ocean |
|6.||Oct 08, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
This solo project of Nashville-based Paul Kintzig is all about anxiety channeled in plainspoken whispers, carefully crafted song miniatures, and a gentle density of textures. This is some really impressive songwriting, with a degree of care and precision that’s delivered so smoothly its easy to miss. Bedroom Bandcamp folk done at a very high level. RIYL Big Thief, The Microphones/Mount Eerie, Lung Cycles, Sparklehorse, Bedhead. Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 7. No FCCs.|
1. *(3:04)—Slow, gentle 7/4 beat. Lurking, ruminative. Lots of subtle layers, long outro.
2. *(2:26)—Mid-tempo strumming. Half-spoken singing. Really nice grainy ambient textures.
3. *(2:33)—Slow, with slightly melty guitar, flute-like sounds, and a mellow build. “All things will be held warmly and recognized in a red kitchen, all lit up with everyone that I’ve ever loved.”
4. (2:20)—Medium-slow, closer to 90s alt rock.
5. (3:23)—Mid-tempo, like shoegaze played at a very low volume.
6. (2:46)—Overcast dirge, with ominous piano. Feels like it’s going to build to some post-rock release but doesn’t.
7. *(2:58)—Mid-tempo, comparatively upbeat, sort of approaching alt-country or Kurt Vile territory.
8. (2:49)—Mellow, mid-tempo guitar fingerpicking. Very soft group vocals.