|In The Valley Below / Pink Chateau, The|
|Album:||Pink Chateau, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||In The Valley Below||Added:||08/2019|
|Add Date:||2019-08-21||Pull Date:||2019-10-23|
|Week Ending:||20 Oct||13 Oct||6 Oct||29 Sep||22 Sep||15 Sep||8 Sep||1 Sep|
|1.||Sep 06, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Oct 3, 2019) |
|4.||Dec 04, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Blue Sky Drugs
|2.||Aug 27, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Blue Sky Drugs
|5.||Jul 10, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Blue Sky Drugs
|3.||Jun 24, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Oct 19, 2019) |
Hold On Tight
|6.||Apr 10, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)
“The Pink Chateau” In The Valley Below|
Dark, synth-driven pop. Duo and couple, Angela Gail and Jeffrey Jacob, return with their second full-length album. Their sound blends seductive synth-pop with raw guitar riffs, catchy rhythms and sultry, sometimes soulful vocals — typically with Gail on the lead. Originally from L.A., they are now based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This album also serves as the soundtrack for an erotic short film of the same name written and co-directed by Gail. RIYL: New Order, The Naked and Famous, Eurhythmics.
Recommended: 1, 3, 8, 10, 2, 9, 5. No FCCs detected.
1. (3:38) Rise — Slow burn. Shimmering synths with pulsing bass. Sultry female lead vocals. ****
2. (3:00) Pink Chateau — Lightly tripping synths and guitar over a syncopated rhythm. Seductively sexy lead vocals. Searing guitar in lead break. ***
3. (3:49) Bloodhands (Oh My Fever) — Starts very 80s, then moves into a Eurhythmics-like groove with a pulsing bass, fuzzy guitar and noise. Lyrics about the distressing state of race relations in the U.S. ****
4. (3:30) Desperate Dance — Skittering synths, with a cracking beat. Throwback to the dance era of the late 70s and early 80s.
5. (4:25) Hold On Tight — Spacey synths swirl and soar, anchored by a thumping beat. Female and male vocals in counterpoint. Arena-style guitar solos. ***
6. (4:35) Break Even — Propulsive, jittering synths and palm-muted guitar. Sweeter, smoother vocals. Bell-like trimmings.
7. (4:04) Sink Or Swim — Playful, skipping beat, squiggles and liquid vocals.
8. (3:52) Blue Sky Drugs — Fun change of pace. Bouncy, rockin’ glam — blending synth and guitar, plus handclaps. Catchy! Again, something Eurhythmics could easily cover. ****
9. (4:02) Control — Another 80s throwback. Throaty synths, tumbling drums and airy female-male harmonies. Noisy guitars rise in the chorus. ***
10. (4:03) The Beggar — Soulful mix of silky synths, guitars and handclaps. ***
11. (4:19) Brass Ring — Swingy, toe-tapping synth-pop closer with guitar effects as accents. Big reverbed backbeat and some synth swooshes.
|2.||Pink Chateau||7.||Sink Or Swim|
|3.||Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)||8.||Blue Sky Drugs|
|5.||Hold On Tight||10.||The Beggar|