|Medas, Samuel / Ready|
|Add Date:||2019-10-07||Pull Date:||2019-12-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov||17 Nov||3 Nov||27 Oct||20 Oct|
|1.||Jun 26, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|4.||Jan 23, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|2.||May 22, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|5.||Jan 09, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Joy Cometh (feat. Candice Caton)
|3.||Mar 20, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
|6.||Jan 02, 2022:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
This is the fifth album for Guyanese artist Samuel Medas. Genres: Caribbean Gospel/ Reggae/Calypso and R&B. Sounds of steel drums and various percussion in the up-tempo songs, and also the more worshipful style of some of the slower tracks that showcase his smooth vocals. RIYL: Positive, Jaron Nurse, Jermaine Edwards. No FCCs. Favorites: 2, 3, 4, 8. Reviewed by DA of Lift Jesus Higher!
1. (4:35) Ready, Medium tempo, consistent electronic keyboard hits, auto-tuned vocals, calypso feel.
2. (3:40) **Sweet, Uptempo calypso tune, catchy chorus, danceable, percussion; synthesized keyboard accents
3. (4:32) **Cyah Wait [w/ Jaron Nurse] upbeat tempo, lots of steel drums; hard not to dance to this one!
4. (3:53) Blowing my Mind, medium tempo, reflective; punchy
5. (4:26) They Don’t Know (Remix) [feat. Positive & Allan Petty] medium-slow tempo; gospel/praise style with Caribbean flair, lots of electric guitar.
6. (1:14) I Say Yes, slow ballad cover of classic hymn, mostly organ and keyboard
7. (4:16) Presence, medium tempo; reggae feel, some banjo and acoustic guitar accents, smooth vocals
8. (4:16) Harder Than Before (feat. Dwayne Fyah) Slow jam w/ classic reggae sound; horns feature prominently w/ the percussion;
9. (4:12) **What Shall I Render? Slow tempo, R&B feel, passionate vocals, emotional ballad, driving percussion.
10. (0:33) Joy Cometh (feat. Candice Caton) vocal interlude, female vocalist with slight ambient organ in background. Short.
11. (4:18) Doctor Slow tempo, heavy bass, somber mood;
12. (4:43) Peter’s Confession Slow tempo, smooth ballad; lots of piano.