|Various Artists / Blinded By The Light: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Album:||Blinded By The Light: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack||Collection:||Soundtrack|
|Add Date:||2019-09-26||Pull Date:||2019-11-28|
|Week Ending:||1 Dec||24 Nov||17 Nov||3 Nov||27 Oct||13 Oct||6 Oct|
|1.||Dec 01, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Nov 21, 2019) |
It's A Sin
|4.||Nov 14, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
The Sun Always Shines On T.V.
|2.||Nov 28, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Blinded By The Light
|5.||Nov 10, 2019:||Music Genealogy |
Ode To Javed / Javed's Poem
|3.||Nov 21, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
It's A Sin
|6.||Oct 31, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
It's A Sin
Blinded by the Light|
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Reviewed by Trish McBee
Sept. 23, 2019
The coming-of-age film reveals the life-changing power of some of Bruce Springsteen’s most famous songs.
Pretty much a collection of "Best of Bruce" classics written and recorded between 1975 and 1984. A few new songs at the end.
1. (:40) Ode to Javed/Javed's poem. Pretty intro with acoustic guitar. Spoken words.
2. *(4:57) It's a Sin, Pet Shop Boys, updated, upbeat take on Pet Shop Boys original song. Driving beat. Electronic keyboards. Stormy sounds in the background.
3. **(5:01) The Sun Always Shines on T.V., performed by A-ha, driving piano, great beat, 80s disco feel, synthesized keyboards throughout.
4. *(:11) The Boss of Us All. Short conversation between 2 Brit boys then jumps into Dancing in the Dark. ("I'm really Sorry. Did I Break it? Who's that? The Boss. Whose boss? The boss of us all.")
5. (3:57) Dancing in the Dark, Bruce Springsteen, Straight-up version of this classic song.
6. (:22) You Should Be Listening to Our Music, Blinded by the Light Cast. Starts with car sound, door slamming, dialog between boy and girl talking about music.
7. (:53) I Never Knew Music Could Be Like This. Dialog melds into The River.
8. (5:09)The River, Bruce Springsteen, Live in Madison Square Garden. Bruce solo song, harmonica breaks, working-class song theme
9. (1:03) Number One Paki Film, Blinded by the Light Cast. Cast dialog making reference to Bruce Springsteen. Breaks into Badlands.
10. (4:01) Badlands, Bruce Springsteen
11. (3:22) Cover Me, Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band
12. (5:31) Thunder Road (Live), Bruce Springsteen, slower ballad with Bruce solo on piano.
13. (1:45) Get Outta My Way Fascist (Pigs), Amer Chadha-Patel. Angry dialog ala Keith Moon set over pounding piano and drums.
14. (:42) Do It For Me, Blinded by the light cast, dialog
15. (3:57) Prove it All Night, Bruce Springsteen,
16. (3:13) Hungry Heart, Bruce Springsteen
17. (:17) You, Me, and Bruce, short dialog
18. (3:22) Because the Night, Patti Smith song done by Bruce Springsteen
19. *(5:03) Maar Chadapa, Heera, driving Bollywood beat
20. *(4:40) The Promised Land (Live acoustic, previously unreleased), Bruce Springsteen, starts with signature Bruce harmonica. Slower tempo
21. **(5:02) Blinded By the Light, Bruce Springsteen, new take on a Springsteen classic. Upfront sax riffs, full band breakout moments
22. **(4:28) Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen, classic
23. ***(4:35) I'll Stand By You, Bruce Springsteen, pretty, slower tempo ballad. New song he originally composed for the 2001 adaptation of Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone.
24. ***(3:30) For You My Love (O Bandeya), A.R. Rahman, love song, pop, rock, reggae, Indian cross-over. Sung in both Hindi and English. Rahman is regarded as the finest Indian film composer of his time.