|Wanda, Eerie / Pet Town|
|Label:||Joyful Noise Records|
|Add Date:||2019-10-07||Pull Date:||2019-12-09|
|Week Ending:||10 Nov||3 Nov||27 Oct||20 Oct||13 Oct|
|1.||Dec 18, 2019:||The Library |
|4.||Oct 30, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Dec 14, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Oct 22, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Nov 05, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment |
|6.||Oct 18, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Pet Town is the second album by Amsterdam, Netherlands psych pop singer-songwriter Eerie Wanda. Graceful part folk, part psych pop compositions with lovely vocals and interesting electro-acoustic instrumentation.|
Something else from the press release:
Eerie Wanda is the brainchild of audio and visual artist Marina Tadic. Born to Croatian parents in the former Yugoslavia, Marina became a political refugee when she was just 6 years old. Forced to leave their home due to the Bosnian war, Marina’s parents sought asylum in the Netherlands - which is where Marina grew into an adult, became an accomplished artist, and where she still resides.
Her second LP, Pet Town is an exercise in isolated creativity. Using minimal recording techniques, Tadic shapes these ten songs from sheer intuition, while drawing inspiration from solitude.
RIYL: Hand Habits, Sonny Smith, Haley Heynderickx, Ana D, and Cléa Vincent.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10
1. (3:27) ***Pet Town – Medium tempo. Exquisite baroque pop recording.
2. (2:52) Big Blue Bird – Slow tempo. Semi-acoustic track. Future Folk composition.
3. (3:32) *Rockabiller – Slow tempo. Part folk, part country, part baroque pop.
4. (3:12) **Magnetic Woman – Slow tempo. Tasteful psych folk composition with a 1960s Brazilian pop vibe.
5. (4:18) **Moon – Slow/medium tempo. Country meets psych pop. Nice instrumentation.
6. (3:10) **Sleepy Eyes – Slow/medium tempo. Semi-acoustic track part II. Lovely vocals and psych rock synths.
7. (3:30) The Intruder – Slow/medium tempo. Semi-acoustic track part III.
8. (2:30) Couldn't Tell – Slow tempo. Future Folk composition part II.
9. (2:35) Hands of the Devil – Slow/medium tempo. Semi-acoustic track part IV.
10. (3:13) **Truly – Medium tempo. Delicate baroque pop recording. Nice melody.
|1.||Pet Town||6.||Sleepy Eyes|
|2.||Big Blue Bird||7.||The Intruder|
|4.||Magnetic Woman||9.||Hands Of The Devil|