|Nortec Collective: Bostich & Fussible / Greatest Hits|
|Artist:||Nortec Collective: Bostich & Fussible||Added:||Oct 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-11-09||Pull Date:||2020-01-11|
|Week Ending:||Jan 12||Dec 22||Dec 15||Dec 8||Dec 1||Nov 24||Nov 17|
|1.||Dec 01, 2021:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants (rebroadcast from Nov 21, 2019) |
Shake It Up
|4.||Dec 12, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Shake It Up
|2.||Jan 09, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|5.||Dec 10, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Dec 19, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Dec 05, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Nortec Collective - “Bostich + Fussible Greatest Hits”|
Reviewed by Alex Chano
Influential groups from Mexico (Tijuana to be exact) fusing Techno and Norteño music. Accordions, beats, horns, dance grooves galore. Very great collection of their tracks.
RIYL: dance music, fusion, daft punk, gotan project
Favorite Tracks: 1, 4, 6,
1. “Tijuana Sound Machine” - 3:02 - upbeat classic with prominent accordion, vocal sample, trumpet, bass, and electronic percussion.
2. “Tengo La Voz” - 3:44 - trumpet, midtempo groove, not as much vocals not his one.
3. “Tijuana Bass” - 2:58 - really nice bass tones and trumpet on this groove.
4. “Polaris” (Radio Edit) - 4:31 - really big sound on this jam - tuba and a marching type vibe. Really upbeat and fun jam.
5. “Motel Baja” - 4:32 - cool vocal sample and dancey groove; party vibe about piñatas and marijuana in the lyrics. Dope accordion solos.
6. “Norteña Del Sur” - 2:53 - real catchy horn solo along with nice synths and upbeat drums.
7. “One Night” - 4:42 - mock Spanish sample saying “yo siempre estaré contigo” gives this a sort of political vibe; more dark energy here than on previous tracks; interesting use of guitar, keys, and string synths.
8. “Shake It Up” - 3:35 - upbeat dance groove with weird synths; gets really intense at the end. No horns on this one.
9. “Tijuana Makes Me Happy” - 4:07 - sort of cheeky upbeat groove about loving the city they’re from, Tijuana. Cool jam with summer vibe.
10. “The Clap” - 2:43 - off kilter guitar sounding sample and really nice groove with distorted keys. Nice variation on their classic sound. Accordion. Breakdown in first minute that accentuates the tones and timbre of the synths. nice.
|1.||Tijuana Sound Machine||6.||Norteña Del Sur|
|2.||Tengo La Voz||7.||One Night|
|3.||Tijuana Bass||8.||Shake It Up|
|4.||Polaris||9.||Tijuana Makes Me Happy|
|5.||Motel Baja||10.||The Clap|