|Klein / Lifetime|
|Add Date:||2019-12-04||Pull Date:||2020-02-05||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Feb 2||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 12||Jan 5||Dec 29||Dec 22||Dec 15|
|1.||Jan 30, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|4.||Jan 21, 2020:||Sound Wheels |
Listen And See As They Take
|2.||Jan 25, 2020:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Jan 16, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|3.||Jan 23, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|6.||Jan 09, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Klein - “Lifetime”|
Reviewed by Alex Chano
Experimental electronic/acoustic music with a beat and satisfying dynamics - vocals, synths, lots of choppiness but coherent. Sonic collage type music from UK (South London) experimental musician/producer.
RIYL: Aphex Twin, Holly Herndon, experimental music with great sonic textures
Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7,
1. * “Lifetime” - 3:29 - Intense synth and vocals that have a false sending about 1:15 into the track.
2. “Claim it” - 6:30 - atmospheric and abstract intro; dope beat comes in at 1:30. Vocal chops. Atmospheric ending
3. “Listen and See as They Take” - 5:02 - camp fire-type sounds as intro, then synths come in and get layered with some other sounds before fuzzed out destruction at the end.
4. “Silent” - 3:05 - aggro drums right from the start; soothing synths and then more upbeat and intense percussion. Cool breakdown at 1:44. False stops throughout.
5. “For What Worth” ft. Matana Roberts - 4:25 - scary chanting sounds and pitch shifted voice; creepy vibes! Lots of micro chops of vocals sound awesome. Cool saxophone lines on this one too!
6. “Enough is Enough” - 5:00 - lots of interesting wind instrument textures, maybe melodica, air, playing an interesting melody. Piano.
7. “We Area Almost There” - 3:10 - radio/tv samples; beautiful singing, mixed in with sampled. Very cool vocal track.
8. “Never Will I Disobey” - 4:03 - cool piano loop and some interesting percussion and other sample chops. Very cool frequencies in the mix. Lots of sonic space taken up but all in their own spectral range.
9. “Honor” - 9:43 - FCC - f-bomb - soundscape with birds and wishy ocean sounds; interesting dialogue samples focused on accountability. The voices get pitch shifted and some really interesting sounds come in. Lots of territory covered - from weird stuff to nice lush synths, and then really chopped up stuff where everything drops out.
10. “Camelot is Coming” - 1:26 - really interesting vocal samples processed with pitch shifts and other glitchy stuff.
11. “99” - 1:23 - poem about crying by your mums side over a really nice loop that sounds pitch shifted. Very satisfying static in the background.
12. “Protect My Blood” - 5:13 - dialogue sample and intense keys and synths give it a horror movie vibe for the bulk of the track before the last 45 seconds or so gets much more ethereal and pretty, while still maintaining some of the creepy organ/synths from the beginning.
|1.||Lifetime||7.||We Are Almost There|
|2.||Claim It||8.||Never Will I Disobey|
|3.||Listen And See As They Take||9.||Honor|
|4.||Silent||10.||Camelot Is Coming|
|5.||For What Worth||11.||99|
|6.||Enough Is Enough||12.||Protect My Blood|