|Tacocat / This Mess Is A Place|
|Album:||This Mess Is A Place||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2019-11-09||Pull Date:||2020-01-11|
|Week Ending:||12 Jan||5 Jan||29 Dec||22 Dec||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov|
|1.||Jul 10, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Jan 10, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 17, 2020:||PWR Alto Power Hour |
Meet Me At La Palma
|5.||Jan 09, 2020:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|3.||Jan 17, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Jan 08, 2020:||The Fuzz Deli |
Grains Of Salt
This Mess Is A Place
Tacocat’s third album is very similar to their previous indie-rock/surf pop albums (especially Lost Time). All of these songs are solid, but I’d suggest the unique ones that push their soundaries (sound boundaries).
Recommended: 3, 9, 10
RIYL: Slothrust, Charly Bliss, The Frights
1. Hologram (3:47) *** - Medium tempo with drums developing each verse.
2. New World (2:55) *** - Fast and loud, similar to Bridge to Hawaii off their previous album.
3. Grains of Salt (3:54) **** - Almost like dancing in to 80’s pop with a Tacocat flair. FCC (Fuck).
4. The Joke of Life (3:19) *** - More upbeat and loud vibes with some added melisma. Vocals go high at the end.
5. Little Friend (3:18) *** - Grungy chorus guitars are juxtaposed with clean surf pop verses. Lax vocals and predictable drum fills.
6. Rose-Colored Sky (3:51) *** - Lots of toms and muted guitar.
7. The Problem (2:18) ** - Fast tempo with quiet bridges.
8. Crystal Ball (3:34) *** - More quiet bridges and medium tempo instrumentals.
9. Meet Me At La Palma (2:38) **** - Getting drunk on the beach would go well with this song. Or vice versa.
10. Miles and Miles (2:54) **** - Unique 3/4 time signature with arpeggiated guitar and slow beat that keep you interested and relaxed for a long day of traveling. Sustained guitar strum at the end.
|2.||New World||7.||The Problem|
|3.||Grains Of Salt||8.||Crystal Ball|
|4.||The Joke Of Life||9.||Meet Me At La Palma|
|5.||Little Friend||10.||Miles And Miles|