Tacocat’s third album is very similar to their previous indie-rock/surf pop albums (especially Lost Time). All of these songs are solid, but I’d suggest the unique ones that push their soundaries (sound boundaries).
1. Hologram (3:47) *** - Medium tempo with drums developing each verse.
2. New World (2:55) *** - Fast and loud, similar to Bridge to Hawaii off their previous album.
3. Grains of Salt (3:54) **** - Almost like dancing in to 80’s pop with a Tacocat flair. FCC (Fuck).
4. The Joke of Life (3:19) *** - More upbeat and loud vibes with some added melisma. Vocals go high at the end.
5. Little Friend (3:18) *** - Grungy chorus guitars are juxtaposed with clean surf pop verses. Lax vocals and predictable drum fills.
6. Rose-Colored Sky (3:51) *** - Lots of toms and muted guitar.
7. The Problem (2:18) ** - Fast tempo with quiet bridges.
8. Crystal Ball (3:34) *** - More quiet bridges and medium tempo instrumentals.
9. Meet Me At La Palma (2:38) **** - Getting drunk on the beach would go well with this song. Or vice versa.
10. Miles and Miles (2:54) **** - Unique 3/4 time signature with arpeggiated guitar and slow beat that keep you interested and relaxed for a long day of traveling. Sustained guitar strum at the end.