|His Name Is Alive / All The Mirrors In The House (Early Recordings 1979 - 1986)|
|Album:||All The Mirrors In The House (Early Recordings 1979 - 1986)||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||His Name Is Alive||Added:||02/2020|
|Add Date:||2020-02-12||Pull Date:||2020-06-17||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||8 Mar||1 Mar||23 Feb|
|1.||Sep 02, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Feb 23, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|2.||May 07, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|5.||Feb 22, 2020:||Being as an ocean |
Because Piano / Rememory
|3.||Mar 04, 2020:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Feb 19, 2020:||Brownian Motion |
Between the ages of 10 and 17, Warren Defever of Detroit was making home recordings that anticipated wide swaths of ambient music by an entire generation. He went on to become one of the most brilliant and inventive musicians around, but it's still astonishing how good this collection of juvenalia is. These melancholy miniatures are exceptionally beautiful and mysterious, to the point where they would sound perfectly natural coming from a professional composer today. Wow! RIYL Stars of the Lid, Celer, Sarah Davachi, Grouper, Benoît Pioulard, 4AD. Favorites: 6, 10, 11, 14, 15. Tracks bleed into one another. No words, no FCCs.|
1. (2:03)—Piano drones, swirls.
2. (2:56)—Streaks of rising tones, shooting star-like.
3. (2:36)—Multitracked slow acoustic guitar.
4. (1:27)—Low, murky drone.
5. (2:24)—Proto-shoegaze feel, prelude to a big dreamy rock song.
6. *(4:44)—Deep, mysterious. Slow soul ballad guitar stretched away from recognizability.
7. (0:37)—Tape in a windstorm.
8. (2:01)—More proto-shoegaze sounds. Glimmering, psychedelic.
9. (2:21)—Dark, doom metal intro music.
10. *(4:02)—Limpid, serene ambient music. Strong Stars of the Lid feel.
11. (2:00)—Echoing piano, bright and gentle.
12. *(3:18)—More Stars of the Lid ambient atmospheres, unwinding tape sounds.
13. (0:34)—Fourth world-esque miniature.
14. *(3:44)—Water sounds, dissonant wisps, industrial bleeps.
15. *(2:07)—Eerie, slightly squeaky high drone. Music for an abandoned amusement park at night.
|1.||Piano Rev||8.||Guitar Rev|
|2.||Lliadin||9.||Fine As Feathers|
|3.||Something About Hope||10.||Reflection Pool|
|4.||All the Mirrors in the House||11.||Equally Divided|
|5.||Because Piano||12.||Tape Slow|
|6.||Rememory||13.||Outside the Window|
|7.||Tape Sound||14.||Echo Lake|