|Arcola / Midday|
|Label:||Posters On Walls|
|Add Date:||2020-02-19||Pull Date:||2020-07-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 1||Feb 23|
|1.||Oct 01, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Feb 22, 2020:||Being as an ocean |
Midnight Sun / Passenger Side
|2.||Feb 27, 2020:||Being as an ocean |
|5.||Feb 19, 2020:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Feb 23, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
Emily Told Me
Former KZSU GM! Midwest alt-folk/cosmic Americana. This is the Minneapolis trio of Jon Peterson and Adam Pearson (KZSU GM 2011–2) and Daniel Shaheen, plus a bunch of backing musicians, including folks who've performed with Bon Iver and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Sweet tenor vocals, a warm and airy sound, really nice subtle rhythms. Makes me want to ride my bike around slowly all day. RIYL Cass McCombs, Band of Horses, Great Lake Swimmers, Dolorean, Weinland. Favorites: 2, 3, 7. No FCCs detected.|
1. (3:38)—Mid-tempo. Warm and optimistic, no drums. Shadowy, dreamy outro.
2. *(5:52)—Mid-tempo, big and bright. Hypnotic, locked-in rhythm, approching krautrock.
3. *(3:50)—Medium-slow, loping. Late evening feel, a little melancholy. Very nice harmonies.
4. (4:20)—Mid-tempo. Assertive acoustic guitar strumming, with a serene part in the middle.
5. (4:10)—Instrumental. Medium-slow, galloping beat, like something on Cass McCombs's Big Wheel. Organ textures.
6. (6:24)—Slow but urgent, gradual build. Nice saxophone.
7. *(4:28)—Mid-tempo, upbeat, soaring. Great groove, big saxophone solo. "I remember most of all when the warmth was always done."
8. (2:31)—Soft and sweet, just acoustic guitar and voice and chimes.
|4.||Emily Told Me||8.||Sailor Boy|