|Pacer / Terror Of Other People, The|
|Album:||Terror Of Other People, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2022-03-14||Pull Date:||2022-05-16|
|Week Ending:||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar|
|1.||Jun 11, 2022:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 29, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||May 07, 2022:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Apr 23, 2022:||funhouse |
|3.||Apr 30, 2022:||Lunar Echoes |
Waiting For The Punch
|6.||Apr 15, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
“The Terror Of Other People” Pacer|
5-track EP from L.A.-based folk rock duo, Jakob Shaw and Eric Poretsky, and band. Quite possibly their debut as Pacer — I couldn’t find anything else from them. Simple, lyric-driven folk rock tunes (except for the last track), all recorded on a Tascam Portastudio four-track recorder. RIYL: Field Medic, Chris Cohen, Hovvdy.
Recommended: 1, 2, 4. No FCCs noted.
1. (3:12) Polaroid — Simple mid-tempo ballad. Strummed acoustic guitar. High, wistful, slightly quavering vocals. Arrangement fills out and picks up at 1:30, but remains light, melodic folk. ****
2. (5:34) Waiting For The Punch — Pensive slow song. Guitar and keys. Leisurely, head-nodding melody with a nice backbeat and a hint of Americana from a moaning pedal steel guitar. ****
3. (3:42) Mila — Pretty and airy. Fingerpicked guitar. Thin, delicate lead vocals. Some harmonies added as the song progresses.
4. (3:38) Ghost — Rolling tune set at a stately pace. Soft, reassuring vocals over a simple strummed guitar, with a nice drum line. Some keys as well. Orchestral swells in the choruses. ***
5. (7:19) Marmalade — Extended closer. Synth soundscape opens, with electric guitar as well. Deliberate tempo. Builds significantly in volume and audio layers toward the end. Searing guitar solo closes the EP.
|2.||Waiting For The Punch||4.||Ghost|