|22º Halo / Garden Bed|
|Artist:||22º Halo||Added:||Feb 2022|
|Add Date:||2022-09-30||Pull Date:||2022-12-02|
|Week Ending:||Nov 27||Nov 13||Oct 23||Oct 16||Oct 2|
|1.||Jan 22, 2023:||Total Sound |
Dinner at Davey's
|4.||Nov 26, 2022:||Music Casserole |
Wranglers in Blue
|2.||Dec 08, 2022:||The Library |
Dinner at Davey's
|5.||Nov 23, 2022:||Run-Away Radio |
|3.||Dec 03, 2022:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Nov 10, 2022:||Everything in Particular |
Lo-fi guitar pop from Philadelphia. Sunny and superbly catchy songwriting. Rich, slightly gritty guitar harmonics, appealingly fuzzy and dense production. It's not headbanging music, but it has heft to match its sweetness. One of my favorite rock bands of any kind right now. RIYL Duster, Bedhead, Built to Spill, Alex G, The Microphones/Mount Eerie. (Also see their superb self-titled album, filed under "22 Degrees Halo" in the library.) Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 9 (but all songs are excellent). No FCCs detected.|
1. *(3:00)—Medium-slow, heavy beat, clean guitar, fuzzed-out solo.
2. *(4:06)—Mid-tempo, bouncy. Long, building middle section with lovely guitar harmonies.
3. *(3:29)—Slow, sweet, romantic. "You and I are like a storm, the ones you dance in."
4. (6:43)—Medium-slow, develops gradually, strong Bedhead feel. Relaxed jamming with a thick undertow.
5. (2:02)—Mid-tempo, sunny, with duet singing.
6. (2:33)—Slow, languid. "We both know that the scared dog sings."
7. (2:58)—Mid-tempo, reminiscent of Beat Happening. High chiming guitar, more duetting.
8. (3:32)—Soft guitar strumming and voice. Violin.
9. *(6:13)—Medium-fast, fun, upbeat. I think a bit of early REM or early Strokes hearing this one? "No more darkness at daytime, dewdrops on the window mesh."
|1.||Library on Shuffle||5.||New Valley Pt. 2|
|4.||Wranglers in Blue||8.||40 Seconds|
|9.||Dinner at Davey's|