|Night Talks / Same Time Tomorrow|
|Album:||Same Time Tomorrow||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2022-08-21||Pull Date:||2022-10-23|
|Week Ending:||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug|
|1.||Sep 30, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Sep 13, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Shake Me Awake
|2.||Sep 23, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Sep 09, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Sep 16, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Sep 06, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Dancing With My Eyes Closed
“Same Time Tomorrow” Night Talks|
The L.A.-based indie alt-rock band, Night Talks, returns with its sophomore release. Now a 3-piece consisting of lead vocalist, Soraya Sebghati, Jacob Butler (guitar) and Josh Arteaga (bass), the focus is on guitar-driven rock with layers of synthesizers woven into the mix for a fuller sound. Some really catchy tracks.
Recommended: 1, 8, 4, 2, 9, 3. No FCCs detected.
1. (3:28) Overcome — The first single. Shimmering synth-driven dream pop — with a confident bounce and hopeful lyrics about losing friends. ****
2. (3:28) Dancing With My Eyes Closed — According to the band, “Hip-shaking, sidewalk-strutting anthem.” A hint of dance, infused with a rock edge. ***
3. (3:47) Searching — Slinky, dance-y groove with a great rhythm. Energetic and fun with a captivating bass line. ***
4. (3:51) Shake Me Awake — Pensive, thoughtful lyrics powerfully delivered with an underlying tension by Sebghati. Synth pop rock — with sharper guitar-powered moments. ***
5. (3:57) Watching Waiting — Snappy, driving rock with an underlying pulse and powerful backbeat. Chugging guitar effects.
6. (4:19) Nowhere — Spacey sway. Wistful and melancholy. Plaintive vocals.
7. (3:48) Tell Me — Bouncy, slightly jazzy number. Glittery guitar effects. Fuzzy bass. Vocals soar and settle. Nice guitar solo in lead break.
8. (3:42) Too Late — Mid-tempo ballad. Strummed opening is reminiscent of “Rocky Raccoon.” Transforms after 75 seconds into a piano and bass-driven tune with a clock-like rhythm. Playful synth elements layered in. ****
9. (3:26) Stranger — Starts at a halting pace, then shifts into a march-like synth pop rock anthem with thumping drums and bass and powerful vocals. ***
10. (3:26) On And On — Light synth pop tune, with tape-spinning effects, chirping synths and backing vocals accompanying Sebghati’s lead.
|2.||Dancing With My Eyes Closed||7.||Tell Me|
|4.||Shake Me Awake||9.||Stranger|
|5.||Watching Waiting||10.||On And On|