|Airport People / From Nine Mornings|
|Album:||From Nine Mornings||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Airport People||Added:||Oct 2022|
|Label:||Whited Sepulchre Records|
|Add Date:||2023-02-08||Pull Date:||2023-04-12||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Mar 26||Mar 12||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12|
|1.||Mar 25, 2023:||Music Casserole |
From Morning No. 9
|4.||Feb 18, 2023:||Music Casserole |
From Morning No. 8
|2.||Mar 11, 2023:||Music Casserole |
From Morning No. 8
|5.||Feb 11, 2023:||Music Casserole |
From Morning No. 1
|3.||Feb 21, 2023:||Virtually Happy |
From Morning No. 2
An absorbingly pretty rainy-day mixture of contemporary classical music, ECM jazz, and subtle ambient and field-recording textures. This is the solo work of Leon Johnson, who lives in Indianapolis. His compositions here are mostly piano-led, but stand-up bass and downtempo drums appear frequently. Soothing, sensitive, contemplative. RIYL the ECM sound in general, Erik Satie's Gympnopédies, Max Richter, Helios, The Cinematic Orchestra, A Winged Victory for the Sullen. Favorites: 2, 3, 8, though all are recommended. No words, no FCCs.|
1. (1:04)—Reversed sounds.
2. *(6:05)—Slow to mid-tempo. Very gentle piano, evocative of light rain. Stand-up bass, gentle drums, water sounds, subtle rhythmic surface noise. Picks up pace.
3. *(4:15)—Mid-tempo. Similar to the contemplative groove from the previous piece, but more driving from the start.
4. (5:05)—Very slow piano, bird sounds. Slow head-nodding drums enter halfway.
5. (3:13)—Very slow piano and bass. Subtle high droning strings. No drums.
6. (5:43)—Mostly piano-only, with occasional bass and high bell-like tones. Drums appear for a minute.
7. (4:27)—Piano intro, with fingerpicked guitar joining the palette of sounds. No drums.
8. (4:52)—Lovely high strings in the first two minutes. Simple medium-slow beat.
9. *(3:49)—Rain sounds, synth patter. Induces an especially cozy feeling. No drums.
10. *(3:56)—Minor key, melancholy but still peaceful. No drums. Final minute is the sound of feet on leafy ground.
|1.||Prelude||6.||From Morning No. 5|
|2.||From Morning No. 1||7.||From Morning No. 6|
|3.||From Morning No. 2||8.||From Morning No. 7|
|4.||From Morning No. 3||9.||From Morning No. 8|
|5.||From Morning No. 4||10.||From Morning No. 9|