|Sebadoh / Bakesale|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2011-11-20||Pull Date:||2012-01-22|
|Week Ending:||25 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov|
|1.||Mar 27, 2019:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||Oct 18, 2016:||Munch Time |
|2.||Feb 16, 2017:||Munch Time |
|5.||Oct 11, 2016:||Munch Time |
On Fire (Acoustic)
|3.||Oct 26, 2016:||deep storage |
Dramamine (Bonus Version)
|6.||Jul 13, 2015:||Shytown |
as reviewed by mr. esq.
sebadoh is one of the keystone bands of the
90's lo-fi phenom. lou barlow, the leader of
sebadoh was also in dinasaur jr., one of the
proto grunge outfits from the 80's.
much of mr. barlow's carrer -and sebadoh's
recorded output -has been a big fuck you to
j. mascis. (lou can come off a lil' bitter.)
regardless: bakesale is their landmark,
and, one of the best albums of the 90's.
at times sweet, at times bitter, at times
challenging, at times poppy.
there's noise, there's jangle =it got it all.
DISC 1: 2, 3, 9,
DISC 2: 8, 14, 22, 25
PLAY WITH: guided by voices, beck, pavement, et al.
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!
YOU WILL PLAY THESE TRACKS:
DISC 1: 1, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.
DISC 2: 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21.
SEBADOH -BAKESALE (DELUXE)
as reviewed by mr. esq.
1. swingy, kinda 60's. jangly/jagged.
2. FCC WARNING: 'BULLSHIT' 2MINS IN.
slow&fuzzy. off grungy.
3. FCC WARNING: 'FUCK' 1MIN IN.
jangly, happy sounding.
4. sluggish. gains momentum in spots.
5. thoughtful begin. drags. gets angry.
6. slowly builds. ethereal, epic.
7. the sweetest thing=play this now!
8. fuzzy grunge. feedback.
9. FCC WARNING: 'SHIT' 1MIN IN.
grungy. back&forth playing. loud&bashy.
10. noisy. most sabby&lo-fi.
11. jangle pop. really moving.
12. drags at first. sweet. gets moving.
jammy 2mins in.
13. fem vox. mal vox joins in.
haunty. ethereal=a beaut.
14. dark and angry. sharp killer gits.
15. sweet&lingering. bashy points
DISC 2 REVIEW: only tracks worth playing are given
description. most bonus/reissue discs aren't worth playing.
this bonus disc is pretty exceptional
1. very experimental. looped. sample of zep's '
whole lotta love'.
5. okay -worth a listen.
7. lovely! almost impersonal vox. simple beat.
noisy gits. gbv-like. shimmery. funny spoken part ends this.
8. FCC WARNING: 'FUCK' in first min.
funky lo-fi. bassy. horns kick in. second part (like a different
song) new wavey. sad. great.
9. strummy good stuff. blissy.!
11. cool synth fuckery.
12. slow, thoughtful, countryish pop.
13. a man alone with his guitar.
14. FCC WARNING: 'FUCK' 1 MIN IN.
ditto ( as far as #13. these are all just spare versions
of the album tracks.)
16. bouncy ala beck.
17. 1st half =draggy, noisy.
2nd half=great lil' pop song.
21. dark lil' ditty w/demonic vox. noisy jam.
dialogue samples and sound collage.