|Smith, Elliott / X O|
|Artist:||Smith, Elliott||Added:||Sep 1998|
|1.||Jul 04, 2019:||veggie tales |
|4.||Dec 17, 2015:||Temping |
|2.||Jun 15, 2017:||alternative energy. |
|5.||Jun 08, 2015:||Shytown |
|3.||Apr 21, 2016:||Munch Time |
|6.||May 11, 2015:||Shytown |
Music generally loved by the indie populace. Folky, acoustic, midtempo, and layered with vocal harmonies. People like to say that it kind of sounds like the Beatles, and that the music is happy and the lyrics are sad. There are no FCC violations because this is a radio edit. |
1) 3:05 - Starts with an acoustic intro, tension builds, then harmonies and a full band. Energetic, bouncy song.
2) 3:07 - Bouncy, smoother song, lots of ooh's and ahh's.
3) 4:40 - * Slow waltz. Piano prominent on this one. Kind of quaint sound, depressing lyrics about Smith's childhood. One of his more popular songs.
4) 3:13 - * Fun song, also bouncy.
5) 3:22 - Sad sounding one, with dark guitar, more whispery vocals, and a kickass piano solo.
6) 3:04 – * Fantastic track with really catchy beat and synth
7) 3:22 - Another bouncy, fast one. Kinda like the Beach Boys, but depressing and about alcoholism.
8) 3:22 - Piano, fingerpicked electric guitar, strings, even orchestral bass drum. Dreamlike, drifting, more ooh's and ahhs.
9) 2:20 - "Amity, Amity, Amity, Amity, Amity, Amity," etc. More dramatic, loud, driving.
10) 2:33 - Chiller, more sentimental sounding, then some cool strings and slide guitar
11) 2:58 - Kind of driving, alternates between different levels of acoustic then expands to feature a band and (mellotron?) strings. A head nodder.
12) 2:41 - * Another song more on the rockout side. Some bari sax.
13) 4:25 - * Pretty standard song at beginning, and then has a pretty epic build toward the end. (My reviews are going to sound silly when the word "epic" falls out of favor).
14) 2:17 - Several Elliott Smiths singing together in a sad, sentimental a capella piece.
|1.||Sweet Adeline||8.||Waltz #1|
|3.||Waltz #2||10.||Oh Well,Okay|
|4.||Baby Britian||11.||Bottle Up And Explode!|
|5.||Pitseleh||12.||A Question Mark|
|6.||Independence Day||13.||Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands|
|7.||Bled White||14.||I Didn't Understand|