|Bright / Full Negative or Breaks|
|Album:||Full Negative or Breaks||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Ba Da Bing!|
|1.||Wed, 06 Feb 02:||nari|
A rock duo that sounds like a quintet -- voice, guitar, bass, drums, and feedback/distortion. Vocals are often drowned out by the thick layer of sheer guitar noise. They abandon thematic development and instead build on one repeated theme to create trance-inducing epics. Overall character is bright, except for track 1 and 8 which to my ear have some angsty tension points. Track 1,5,7,8 build to climax, while 2,3,4,6 sort of stay static. -nari|
*1. 7 min. crescendo. Starts very minimal, then blooms into a tsunami of sound.
2. Midtempo, catchy. Huge guitar sound.
3. Mindnumbing repetitions.
4. Acoustic guitar & accordian create a fresh texture here. Slow, deliberate, trancey.
5. This slow moving drone becomes urgent as more and more layers of sound are introduced, then gently ebbs away.
6. Oh yeah, this is catchy. Snappy pulse from the drums, charming melody.
*7. Moderate tempo keeps your foot tapping. Long, bended notes sung out by the guitar gives this an emotional pinch.
*8. 9 min. crescendo starts with a haunting, lost-sounding phrase; builds to energetic conclusion, tsunami.
9. Watery guitar sound - notes that hang and echo in space. Mellow. Sounds like a soundtrack for the womb.
|1.||Heart of the Park||2.||Yeah! Holy Stones|