|Eastwood-De Mello, Agustin / Flamenco El Duende|
|Album:||Flamenco El Duende||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Eastwood-De Mello, Agustin||Added:||08/2001|
|1.||Nov 20, 2003:||Eclectica |
|3.||Dec 13, 2002:||- |
|2.||Oct 09, 2003:||Eclectica: Dr. D's Favorite Show |
Agustin Eastwood-De Mello - One man and his guitar. Nothing else. This guy is about 70 years old now and lives in the bay area. Some songs are recent and others were recorded back in the 60s. It's simple and fresh. No frills here, just flamenco guitar. Some songs sound like they are right out of a bullfight and others are folkier sounding. Some are serious and dramatic and others are lighthearted and fun. Whatever you pick it's great mood music. |
My Picks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 14
1) Begins dramatically with the feeling a bullfight is about to start or something. Nice fast strumming. Exciting.
2) Long drawn out intro into some great fast finger picking. Slows at points and then slowly speeds up again to the bullfight music. Really cool.
3) Slow and quiet to start and picks up to a midtempo. Feels less dramatic and more folky and celebratory. Changes tempo quite a bit throughout song.
4) Serious and driving. Great finger picking. A bit repetitive but not boring.
5) Serious and slower. Simple.
6) Slow with great intricate finger picking. Beautiful and bittersweet.
7) Starts as a slow midtempo. Has bursts of higher volume and then it jumps back down quietly. Serious and plodding.
8) Dramatic and important sounding. Slowly builds in intensity and falls off then builds again.
9) Starts slow and slowly speeds up to a midtempo. Thumps his hand against the guitar for percussion at times. Driving feel.
10) Somewhat dramatic start with lots of big strums but still has a more lighthearted feel.
11) Serious and dramatic. Nice finger picking. Dragging midtempo.
12) Slow to start and then it begins picking up speed. Serious yet fun.
13) Slow and quiet. Pretty.
14) Dramatic and driving. Nice rhythms on guitar. Exciting!
15) Recorded in a cave giving it a strange sound quality. A nice round sound to it. Dramatic and suspenseful.
16) Clapping at the beginning. Dramatic and intense. Again has a nice round quality because of the cave. Clapping at the end.
|7.||El Vito||15.||Soleares En Sacromonte|
|8.||El Matador||16.||Duende En Sacromonte|