|Sorry About Dresden / Convenience of Indecision, the|
|Album:||Convenience of Indecision, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sorry About Dresden||Added:||11/2001|
|Add Date:||2003-02-03||Pull Date:||2003-04-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Apr||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Feb|
|1.||Thu, 15 May 03:||Kathryn|
Unnecessary Sun Exposure
|4.||Tue, 11 Mar 03:||Allison|
The Caffeine Daze
|2.||Wed, 02 Apr 03:||angi|
the discovery channel
|5.||Wed, 05 Feb 03:||crisco jones|
press and release
|3.||Thu, 20 Mar 03:||Kathryn|
Unnecessary Sun Exposure (filling in for Parag)
Sorry About Dresden – The Convenience of Indecision|
Slightly off-kilter but still quality emo-ish pop rock. Very indie rock sounding without being too angular or abrasive. And, yes, kinda emo at the same time -- well, at least the singing is pretty emotive. It’s your standard loud guitar sound augmented by bright guitars and shifts in volume and tempo. Superfun! Also, front-man is brother to Bright Eyes guy, Conor Oberst. Lucky for us he’s just as talented, if not a little juvenile, but still not taking himself too seriously, especially with the strained scream-singing that fit to make a thousand indie hipsters swoon. Songs would fit in with your average indie rock / emo rock show. Elements of smart-aleck early 90s college rock, especially with vaguely off-key vocals. Chunky and charming rock that doesn’t want to be pigeon-holed into emo. My choices: 2, 3, 6, 7
1. Back and forth volume. Guitars, and emotive singing. Catchy melodies towards the end.
2. Jangly guitars, uptempo, slightly frantic. I think I hear bells? Catchy melodies, rocks out louder towards the end. Up and down.
3. Out and out rock that shifts and stops. Punky, upbeat, uptempo feel. Catchy. Guitar solos. Fun, if a bit stupid.
6. More off-kilter, a little dissonance gives it edge. Midtempo rock. Full band song. More vaguely off-key singing. Catchy. Goes from quiet to loud to quiet again. Ends suddenly.
7. Upbeat, emo elements. Poppy rock, with scream-singing. Catchy as hell, in an unexpected way. Great melodies.