|Misfits / Cuts From the Crypt|
|Album:||Cuts From the Crypt||Collection:||General|
|1.||Thu, 25 Oct 12:||Merricat McGee|
|4.||Fri, 31 Oct 08:||Francis D|
Time Traveler (Halloween)
|2.||Fri, 04 Dec 09:||Trent Kay|
This Information Is Not Sacred
|5.||Sun, 30 Oct 05:||the id|
Multiple Personality Disorder
|3.||Sun, 29 Nov 09:||Trent Kay|
The Unbirthday Show
|6.||Thu, 13 Nov 03:||Orges|
The Human Condition
A collection of demos, b-sides, and covers. If the production hadn’t completely sucked on the original Misfits’ records, this is probably what they would’ve sounded like. As far as I’m concerned, though, this is a completely different band. A lot of the songs rock really hard with a sort of morbid feel. Some are duds, though, especially when they go for a more Metallica-type feel. My picks:|
1. Fast, catchy, guitar-driven, one of the better tracks.
2. This is classic Misfits. However, the vocals don’t even approach Danzig’s.
3. Really short, melodic song. “Haunting” background vocals. Hehe.
5. Demo version of “Mars Attacks.” Pretty solid, but mindless rock song.
8. Cover of that old “Monster Mash” song. Pretty neat, but nothing incredible.
9. One of the better songs. Creepy, whining guitar intro with pretty scary, catchy lyrics.