|Gay Dad / Transmission|
|Label:||Thirsty Ear Communication|
|Add Date:||2003-04-07||Pull Date:||2003-06-09|
|Week Ending:||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr|
|1.||Mar 16, 2020:||Soul, Samples & Substitutions |
Now Always and Forever
|4.||Aug 20, 2003:||Bite and Hide |
|2.||Sep 20, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
Now Always and Forever
|5.||Apr 28, 2003:||Play it by ear |
|3.||Apr 26, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA - ORANGEASM |
|6.||Apr 23, 2003:||Fine Tuning Utopia |
Their sound is space rock: bright, with buzzy, bright guitars, high male vocals half in falsetto, electronic “cosmic” noises, and electric guitars and drums. This is an overall better album than their earlier Leisure Noise. They kind of sound like T-Rex, but in space. Basically every song is guitar/drums with windy “space” sounds soaring around in the background. Not genius lyrics, but not annoyingly bad. |
1. Transmission—med/uptempo, guitar solo, lots of weird background noise and space noises and white noise, classic rock aesthetic
*2. Now Always and Forever—electronic over loud electric guitars, with video game melody and more space wind.
*FCC! 3. Nightclub—kazoo solo? bright guitar; lyrics mostly loudly spoken, not sung. Loud, raucous, chaotic sounding. FCC warning for one incidence of: “you’re so fuckin’ beautiful.”
4. Harder Faster—slower, with steady beat; lower sounds, with space wind blowing all around.
*5. Plane Going Down—slower, with steady drum beat and quieter vocals. Plaintive.
*6. All My Life—slow, slightly twangy guitar, reverb vocals. The love ballad.
7. Breathe—slow, with steady drum/tambourine beat and single voice; louder during chorus. Loud 80’s classic rock feedbacky guitar solo in middle.
8. Dinosaur—Upbeat; drums and guitars.
9. Shoot Freak—Upbeat; loud drums, and buzzy guitar towards middle. Filtered vocals
10. Keep it Heavy—Loud drums/guitars alternating with verses of floaty guitars, radio-tuning sounds, and echoing vocals.
*11. Everything Changes—floaty/instrumental at beginning; starts with lone pensive guitar; enter quiet drum beat and then single voice; brief shifts into heavy guitar. Loud toward end
*12. Promise of a Miracle—Loud, fast, buzzy quasi-spoken vocals, chaotic with lots of background noise. Short.
|2.||Now Always and Forever||8.||Dinosaur|
|4.||Harder Faster||10.||Keep It Heavy|
|5.||Plane Going Down||11.||Everythiung Changes|
|6.||All My Life||12.||Promise|