|Cadillac Jones / Diplomacy|
|Add Date:||2003-07-14||Pull Date:||2003-09-15||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||7 Sep||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul|
|1.||Nov 12, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Sep 04, 2004:||Morning Glory |
|2.||Mar 05, 2005:||Morning Glory |
|5.||Jul 31, 2004:||Storytime! -- Animals |
|3.||Nov 07, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|6.||Jul 24, 2004:||Morning Glory |
|The Dead Kenny-Gs|
Cadillac Jones – Digimatic|
Bluesy, jazzy jam funk. When these guys really get down, they have a great sound. They're good musicians and their more bluesy tracks are great. Unfortunately, like many, many bands they have a tendency to fall into smooth jazzy noodle-ing fusion so common among many "jam" bands.
1) **Up-tempo guitar riff driving horns and a counting breakdown
2) *Bass and wah-wah guitar.
3) Jazzier/Jammier but with a samba breakdown
4) Light, relaxed pop jazz
5) Down-tempo fusion
6) Slow jam
7) Damn, that alto really makes this some smoothed out shit (not a good thing)
8) *Picked up-tempo, bass is prominent, more of an Earth Wind and Fire feel.
9) Slow, deliberate cover of Ellington classic
10) *Pretty average mid-tempo jazzy grooving with an over-long sax solo, but with a great bridge.
Tom Purcell, June 2003
|1.||B'nai Brown||6.||Pimm's Cup|
|3.||Animal Lover||8.||Reverse Confusion|
|5.||I Gets Down||10.||King Courvoisier|