|Vandals, the / Internet Dating Super Studs|
|Album:||Internet Dating Super Studs||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Kung Fu Records|
|1.||Jul 27, 2014:||Pentagonal Banana |
Im Becoming You
|3.||Nov 25, 2009:||public noize racket |
Im Becoming You
|2.||Dec 11, 2009:||The D-D-Darby Crash Show |
The Unseen Tears Of The Albacore
The Vandals are known for their funny-punk schtick. This is their ninth or tenth album. You’ll have to decide for yourself if they’re still funny or if they ever were. The music itself is pretty standard So-Cal punk. If you play this, it’ll likely be because of the lyrics. A little blurb about each track…|
1. FCC warning, shit, thumb up your ass, etc.
2. Weird love song.
3. This is one of my favorites on the CD. Sample lyric: “I smell your clothes / I smell your sheets / I wish that smell had come from me.”
4. About a kid with a disproportionate head. Kinda funny, but only once or twice.
5. Deranged and obsessive love letter to a soccer mom with bratty kids.
7. FCC warning. One “asshole” thrown in.
8. Break-up song.
9. FCC. One “fuck” at the beginning. Other than that, a neat song including a piano!
10. Random song about loving from afar. Again, a bit twisted.
11. FCC. “Shit” in the chorus.
12. Mourning the victims of sushi culture (i.e. “anything that goes with wasabe”). One of the funnier ones here.
13. About a guy who has conflicting feelings about his brother being gay.
14. Funny! Claims that the world’s new messiah is the guy from “Lord of the Dance,” a man who “can make Zima out of Perrier.”