|Coco / Coco Sound, the|
|Album:||Coco Sound, the||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2002-11-25||Pull Date:||2003-01-27|
|Week Ending:||26 Jan||19 Jan||12 Jan||29 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec|
|1.||Sep 13, 2009:||Music Satisfaction |
|4.||Jan 21, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|2.||Jun 26, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|5.||Jan 14, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|3.||Jan 25, 2003:||Morning Glory |
|6.||Jan 10, 2003:||Input/Output |
COCO "The COCO Sound" - Two of the funkiest pop kids around. Lots and lots of open breaks going on. In fact most songs only have drums and bass. Some songs only have drums, and others add in a few organ blips here and there. Primarily female vocals with male vocals on a few songs. This is supposed to be a dance album and I challenge anyone to listen to this without at least bobbing your head a little. Songs are all very similar sounding, but they are all good. Recommended for anyone playing pop or looking for something funky and groovy.|
My Picks: 2, 6, 10
Katie P. 11/7/02
1) Upbeat and groovy. Silly lyrics, mostly an intro to the album. Solid funky bass line and nice drums.
2) A little more laid back feeling, but still uptempo and very groovy. Hi-hat going on in a big way with drums. Cute little organ and solid bass. Female vocals.
3) Drums start out very laid back. Slower with a funky bass line. Female vocals and male backups. Drums, bass, and vocals only.
4) Starts with quiet kick drum. Add in hi-hat and groovy bass. Solid fast midtempo. Female vocals. Fcc: says "shit"
5) Very groovy. Nice bass lien and cool beat on drums. Male vocals (silly lyrics).
6) Nice drum break starts it off. Solid female vocals (a little angry). Only drums and vocals.
7) Uptempo and bouncy. Cool bass line and nice drums. Female vocals.
8) Sparse bass line that sounds a little like it's going through an effect. Midtempo. Male vocals. Funny lyrics.
9) Uptempo with a groovin' bass line. Female vocals and handclaps!
10) Solid midtempo beat with a super funky bass line and cool warbly organ. Female and male vocals.
11) Low-down bass line. Laid back and groovy. Female vocals. Plenty of stereo tricks on vocal tracks too.
|2.||To You||7.||Out of Time|
|4.||None of that||9.||I Don't Mind|
|5.||Rinse & Spin||10.||Cutie Pie|