|Kouyate, Diely Moussa / Sebe Alaye|
|Artist:||Kouyate, Diely Moussa||Added:||11/2002|
|Add Date:||2003-01-13||Pull Date:||2003-03-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||16 Mar||2 Mar||23 Feb||9 Feb||2 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan|
|1.||Nov 10, 2018:||Hanging in the bone yard |
|4.||Feb 25, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jun 28, 2003:||Morning Glory |
|5.||Feb 18, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Mar 11, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Feb 04, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Kouyate plays a mean guitar and he’s got some great vocalists, drummers, and other suspects on this CD. A mix of African rhythms and jazz tracks, but it suffers from being overproduced at times. A bit more simplicity would have been nice and it’s the more acoustic tracks that work best. Some instrumentals.|
*1. Lightly swaying w/some cool vocals.
2. Cool jazzy instrumental. Nice mix of guitars and gimbri.
*3. Another jazz instrumental. Low key & nicely layered.
4. A bit overdone & kinda smarmy. Mid-tempo.
*5. Quiet & sweet blend of strings. Nice djembe/balafon/guitars.
6. Faster w/vocals and that over-orchestrated thing.
7. Bouncy guitar duet. Simple but nicely done.
8. Relaxed mix of vocals/guitars/drums/flute. Just ok.
9. Cool fem vox. Lazy, almost bluesy guitar.
*10. Guitar duet by Koyuate. Nice technique, mid-tempo.
|2.||Bamananke||7.||Naman Koumba Kouyate|
|4.||Nie Mira Lima||9.||Binaw|