|Artist:||Szemzo, Tibor||Added:||Nov 2002|
|Add Date:||2003-04-21||Pull Date:||2003-06-23|
|Week Ending:||Jun 8||May 25||May 18||May 11||Apr 27|
|1.||Aug 11, 2004:||Civil Society
|4.||May 15, 2003:||sad and dangerous
|2.||Jun 05, 2003:||Audio.Pulmonary.Recitation.
|5.||May 04, 2003:||The Digital/Analog War
|3.||May 22, 2003:||Audio.Pulmonary.Recitation.
|6.||Apr 23, 2003:||Off the Path
1. Strings provide the foundation for sad flute and keening vocals
3. Paddles churning water contribute to the rhythm; sort of ominous bassline but hopeful, rising scales on horns
4. Sleepytime undercurrents of angst
5. Swinging tune ... in ultra-slow motion
6. Slow, airy (almost ECM-like) arrangement on an oppressive tune
7. Alternating short strings of one-note runs with staccato low notes on the piano, the song appears to move on two tracks ? one slow, one fast
8. Muted/strangled trumpet and full-bodied bass are a great pairing to reflect mixed emotions
9. Echoing/bouncing flute over repetitious, tired-sounding piano line which is eventually itself echoed by the return of the sound of paddles in the water; symbolic of the darkness before the light perhaps - title is "Counter-Light"
|1.||Loel Simurim||5.||Pleasure Boat|