|Loscil / Submers|
|Add Date:||2003-03-03||Pull Date:||2003-05-05||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||4 May||13 Apr||6 Apr||9 Mar|
|1.||Apr 19, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|4.||Jan 31, 2009:||Lost and Found |
|2.||Mar 22, 2015:||suspended animation (kmd to kmfh) |
|5.||Apr 30, 2003:||Fine Tuning Utopia |
|3.||Nov 28, 2009:||lost and found |
|6.||Apr 28, 2003:||Play it by ear |
VERY GOOD MUSIC!!! In line with several of Kranky’s artists, Loscil falls in the realm of ambient computer music, techno, and contemporary classical. From Vancouver, Scott Morgan successfully creates some terrifically beautiful soundscapes, sometimes melodic, sometimes droned, but always tangible. The sounds he chooses are almost organic, mostly gentle and non-threatening. Rhythmic elements are retained in most tracks, keeping the album engaging throughout. 3, 6, 1, 4.|
1. warm, expansive, beautiful. melodic elements fade in and out.
2. dark drone, repeated samples. light techno beat.
3. dark drone. a quiet beat drives the song forward. some nice rhythms going on. I’m feeling some boards of canada here.
4. dark. it wants to break out, and it satisfies cool and collected.
5. like the beginning of a techno song but never completes itself
6. dark and deep, great tension. beat keeps you there.
7. more rhythmically driven than other songs.
8. a lot of left-right panning. epic and pretty, but may evoke nausea.
9. basically one long drone, with shifting harmonics.