|Add Date:||2007-05-13|| ||Pull Date:||2007-07-15|| |
|Week Ending:||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May|
|Your Imaginary Friend|
Members of The Moldy Peaches have done “solo” efforts; this is the guy from the band. Like the Peaches its mostly low-fi folky (the official press label is “Anti Folk”… who makes that kind of shit up anyway?…). Unlike the Peaches it is entirely folky, stripped down acoustic guit, vocs, some drum bits etc. No Kimya; shes got her own record. I guess what makes “anti folk” not folk is the irreverent subject matter, silly rhymes, the potty mouth. Its like a bunch of gutter punks singing about failure instead of coffee shop hippies singing about Julia Butterfly Hill. I guess. Good twisted shit. Watch the FCCS.|
1) FCC (quick fuck), slow w/ bizarre sounds and treatments
2) slight vaudiville feel with old time horn and swingy feel
3) waltzy arpeggio feel w/ girl back ups
4) sorta western folky feel, FCCs, lewd chorus, content, no no no!
5) almost normal feel, fuller band, mid paced pop, wink wink rock and roll song wink wink
6) swingy, strange, silly, computer nerd references, FCC “asshole”
7) folky guitar picking feel with a nasty string of “fucks” only in the last 10 seconds, Careful!!
8) 60’s feel garage psych feel
9) another swingy silly one
10) quieter, almost childlike w/ refs, shifts into a larger lo-fi sound and devolves into some serious noise, cool, then ends with quiet part
11) blank (1 min of silence)
12) remix, version of 5, slicker?
13) happy pop, slicker
14) slicker version of 6, good, FCCs (“asshole”)