|Driscoll, Dennis / Voices in the Fog|
|Album:||Voices in the Fog||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-04-28||Pull Date:||2003-06-30|
|Week Ending:||8 Jun||11 May||4 May|
|1.||Sep 05, 2003:||Stirling's Approximation |
|4.||May 01, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
Where Did We Go Wrong?
|2.||Jun 06, 2003:||Memory Select |
Waitress and Sailor
|5.||Apr 30, 2003:||the discovery channel |
|3.||May 06, 2003:||In the Leaves |
Brought to you by K records with Phil Elvrum’s support, Pacific NW singer Dennis Driscoll sings sweet poppy melodies over gentle acoustic guitar, ocassionally with other instruments supporting. With a tone similar to the Microphones but without the mythological depth and without any compositional adventurousness whatsoever, Dennis Driscoll still wins many points for pure childish cuteness. If you like one song you’ll probably like all of them, but I prefer the duets. Think also of Beat Happening or the Gentle Waves. 3, 11, 12, 7, 1, 13.|
1. sweet serenade, fingerpicked acoustic guitar with voice.
2. very mellow pretty harmonica + acoustic song.
3. very cute boy-girl duet with saw in the background.
4. with drums, 100% pop.
5. slightly out of tune vox, tom heavy drums. very beat happening.
6. small song with guitar + voice, cello in background.
7. sweet serenade with 50s era vocal melody. organ solo.
8. another cute one, vaguely reminds me of I’m sticking with you.
9. duet, slightly upbeat. beginning reminds me of belle & sebastian.
10. short vignette with chimes + voice.
11. melancholic falsetto with arpeggiated guitar.
12. sickeningly cute duet on rainy days. screechy strings midway.
13. slightly upbeat duet with a whistling solo.
14. more instruments: drums, saw, guitar, bass, vox.
15. ooo-bop with guitar + vox.
16. another sickeningly cute one bordering on sesame street.
17. funny, I’m not comfortable promoting songs that say I love you.