|Chester / Its Only Good If You Know Us!|
|Album:||Its Only Good If You Know Us!||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-03-03||Pull Date:||2003-05-05|
|Week Ending:||6 Apr||16 Mar||9 Mar|
|1.||Apr 03, 2003:||The Weekend Effect |
Its Only Good If You Know U!
|3.||Mar 13, 2003:||The Caffeine Daze |
Trye American Dream
|2.||Apr 01, 2003:||No Cover, No Mimimum: SUB |
|4.||Mar 07, 2003:||Input/Ouput |
General: Pop rock songs, with melodic vocals; not teen like pop, but basic vocals/guitars/bass/drums type of band with a little bit of synths and some distorted guitar. Consistent style across songs (except for track 6).|
1. Simple pop-like rhythm, with simple lead guitar riffs over rhythm-guitar/bass/drum foundation at fluid allegro tempo. Male vocalist with tenor-like voice sings about having nothing to listen to on the “talk radio”. FFC Warning: “f*** me up” twice on second part of song.
2. Mellow rhythm guitar intro and bass/drums/synth/lead guitar eventually speed-up tempo to what feels like an 80’s sitcom opening song. Incisive (yet simple) lead guitar riff and synth dominate the song. Male vocalist with tenor-like voice sings about trying to go out to explore the world and see cool stuff.
3. Relatively long intro consisting of guitars with somewhat repetitive riff over bass/drum foundation. Synth and vocals about a girl come in on top of this. Then guitars with distortion are used as bridge to climax around “the true American dream” lyrics; drums become more martial and give the impression of faster tempo. End of the song dominated by synth and distorted guitar.
4. Upbeat pop-like rhythm, with lead guitar riffs and vocals over rhythm-guitar/bass/drum foundation at fluid allegro tempo. The lead guitar riff tries to experiment a bit with dissonance, mostly on the first part. The lyrics try to be kind of “deep” about what to do with life, and about moving on, and mortality and reality and stuff like that.
5. Upbeat pop-like rhythm, with incisive lead guitar riffs over rhythm-guitar/bass/drum foundation at fluid allegro tempo. No vocals at all.
6. Incisive guitar and synth riff on top of bass/drum foundation with some counter-tempo; then distorted guitar riff based on regular scale fragments; then distorted rhythm-guitar is added to foundation on climax/chorus around “hey athena” lyrics. Two male vocalists with tenor-like voice sing in a more country-like style.
Reviewed by TMC
|1.||Talk Radio||4.||Its Only Good If You Know U!|
|2.||The Judge||5.||The Vocals|
|3.||Trye American Dream||6.||Hey Athena|