|Various Artists / Rough Guide Highlife|
|Album:||Rough Guide Highlife||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2003-03-10||Pull Date:||2003-05-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 May||27 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar|
|1.||Feb 19, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Jun 03, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Dec 09, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||May 06, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jul 08, 2003:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Apr 24, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
West African dance music which reached its peak in the 60s and 70s. These are the classic artists with some great tracks that wear their age well. In some cases, though, the sound quality is weak.|
1. Swaying and mellow.
2. Horns, percussion, cool male vox. Relaxed.
*3. Highlife with a Latin flair.
4. Sort of a low-key highlife disco track.
5. Caribbean rhythms, but a muddy recording.
6. Rhythmic w/a catchy energy.
*7. Fast, joyous, fun.
8. Guitars, horns, chorus, male vox. Nice.
*9. Big orchestra sound w/swaying vocals.
10. Relaxed horns, percussion, a bit fuzzy.
11. Lazy vocals, happy percussion..
*12. Cool brassy trumpet into. Upbeat.
*13. Guitar-based highlife w/Latin percussion.
*14. Big brass, percussion, male vox. Mid-tempo.
15. 1980s highlife w/an electric groove sound.
21 February 2003