|Baculum / My Friends Became Junkies|
|Album:||My Friends Became Junkies||Collection:||General|
|Label:||3 Beads of Sweat|
|Add Date:||2003-03-24||Pull Date:||2003-05-26|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 04 Aug 16:||Plobs|
The Offbeat Generation
|4.||Mon, 21 Apr 03:||stirling|
|2.||Sun, 02 Nov 03:||pat blue ribbon|
the rust belt
|5.||Mon, 07 Apr 03:||stirling|
|3.||Thu, 24 Apr 03:||johnn|
sad and dangerous
|6.||Mon, 07 Apr 03:||pat blue ribbon|
the rust belt
Baculum – My Friends Became Junkies|
Ranges from folk songs to experimental pop. There are quite a few gems on this album. Recorded in a Bernal Height’s garage. I think many of the lyrics come from the bible…
* 1) slide guitar, deep slow male voice and fem back-ups. Harmonica
*2) Anti-work song! Raw and good. (a bit like the moldy peaches.)
* 3) repetitive guitar, and bells and deep male voice.
* 4) ohh, I like this one. Lots of train sounds, but then I’m a train nut.
*5) nice melody. Pretty music, but raw male voice. Guitars, saw, Cello, violin.
*6) Opera-style voice, acccordian. Piano, lots of stuff. Good. Twangy guitar.
7) Twangy guitar, male vocals, violin.
8) zylophone, horns, accordion.
*9) guitar, violin, male vocals. Folky.
10) Guitar, zylophone (or maybe a toy piano) while Sam (the singer) describes three deaths due to rabies.
11) Higher tempo, polka sounding(?). keyboards, guitar, male voice.
12) sultry and loungy, out-of-tune male vocals.
*13) guitar, accordion. Male voice.
14) violin, guitar, male vocals. 15) short piece, with guitar and some strange sounds. *16) Samples of a preacher. Pretty latin sounding guitar with violin. Male vocals. 17) many sounds that I’m having a hard time placing. Guitar, violin and animal samples? Sound collage. 18) violin, and guitar with nasaly male vocal. 19) at sea type of melody with toy wind instruments.