|Scene Creamers / Suck on that Emotion|
|Album:||Suck on that Emotion||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-03-10||Pull Date:||2003-05-12|
|Week Ending:||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||6 Apr||30 Mar||23 Mar|
|1.||May 02, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||Nov 09, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|2.||Feb 27, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|5.||Nov 26, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
|3.||Apr 19, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|6.||Jun 17, 2003:||Lick My Moody Guitar |
New band from crazy DC James Brown impersonator Ian Svenonius of The Make-Up and Nation of Ulysses, with Michelle Mae still on bass and Alex Minoff of Golden on guitar. The funk soul theme of the Make-Up is still retained through Svenonius’ voice and Michelle Mae’s basslines, but the punk attitude is missing unfortunately. That means no more wonderful sustained shouts or trebly guitar hooks. Still, the album isn’t half bad and will grow on you. Straying away from their punk roots, the energy of the Scene Creamers is derived directly from Jimi Hendrix or the Rolling Stones. 7, 6, 10, 12, 1. |
1. decent funk groove. Hendrix wah-wah guitar.
2. funny falsetto with Hendrix guitar.
3. Hendrix-style wah-wah guitar. “I say yeah. Yeah.”
4. a lot of silly falsetto from svenonius, political fiction.
5. catchy little acoustic number, maybe beat happening.
6. groovin’ bassline. more of svenonius’ political fiction.
7. some good stones energy, very catchy. this is the attitude I like.
8. phaser on the bassline. slow and some whiny shouts.
9. a funny acoustic pop song from the late 60s.
10. garage indie sound a la beat happening.
11. upbeat, like an acoustic version of a make-up song
12. very catchy Hendrix style groove starts at 1:10.
|1.||Better All the Time||7.||Elfin Orphan|
|2.||Session Man||8.||What About Me?|
|3.||Wet Paint||9.||Hey Lonnie|
|4.||Candidate||10.||House Work for 3|
|5.||Luxembourg||11.||Here Comes the Judge Pt 2|
|6.||Bag Inc||12.||One Stone|