|Twelfth Gate / Summoning|
|Add Date:||2003-03-31||Pull Date:||2003-06-02||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||18 May||11 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr|
|1.||Feb 12, 2004:||Dolce! -- 30% More In Every Box! |
|4.||Apr 30, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
|2.||May 14, 2003:||The Disclaimer - All Covered Up |
Waiting in Shadows
|5.||Apr 28, 2003:||PACC ends early |
|3.||May 07, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
|6.||Apr 23, 2003:||The Disclaimer |
These guys from Chicago claim they are determined to deliver a “style of metal all their own”. That’s great and all, but things aren’t that easy. Nonetheless, this is great melodic, American power metal. Think Nevermore, Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, and a whole slew of other Century Media bands. Vocals a bit like early Queensryche, and some definite Priest influences. However, these guys add some very nice progressive touches to their music. Not Dream Theater progressive, but really progressive, too. Vocals are high pitched and clear, guitars are loud, front-and-center with some great riffing, and drums and bass do their part to carry everything. The cheese is kept to a minimum, as is the instrumental masturbation. Still, great solos all over the place. In the end, it’s nothing to run over anyone for, but it’s still a damn well done album with some damn good metal. So, add it and play it. |
1) Brilliant vocal melodies. I had this song stuck in my head for days after I heard it.
3) Awesome ballad, done the way they’re supposed to be done, with flair and emotion, and a groovy solo. It does turn into a Maiden tribute about 3 minutes into it, though.
4) Great intro with minimalist guitar, and then the guitars take over for some cool riff-o-rama.
6) Holy crap! It’s Rob Halford! Play this and tell your listeners it’s a new Priest track with Rob, thus confirming the reunion we’ve all been waiting for. They’ll fall for it, I guarantee you.
7) More Maiden galloping, but a good song nonetheless, with some very good socially conscious lyrics.
10) Speedy triplets abound, and the drumming is tighter than a virg... err, it’s really tight.
11) Drum & bass intro with guitar solo trade-offs, with a killer bass riff. Cool track, very metal.
|1.||Mortal Coil||6.||Waiting in Shadows|
|3.||Orpheus||8.||Wheel of Life|
|4.||Innocent||9.||Bridge of Uncertainty|
|5.||Flames of Anger||10.||Malevolent Sky|