|Mae Shi, the / To Hit Armor Class Zero|
|Album:||To Hit Armor Class Zero||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Mae Shi, the||Added:||03/2003|
|Add Date:||2003-09-01||Pull Date:||2003-11-03|
|Week Ending:||26 Oct||19 Oct||28 Sep||21 Sep||14 Sep||7 Sep|
|1.||Sat, 10 Apr 10:||Gus the Fat & the Peanut Galle|
|4.||Sat, 18 Apr 09:||Eme O|
|2.||Fri, 02 Oct 09:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It
|5.||Sat, 26 Jan 08:||Gus the Fat & the Peanut Galle|
|3.||Sun, 07 Jun 09:||Arthur Groom|
The Darling System
|6.||Thu, 09 Jun 05:||Connie|
Strange Attractor - Thursday Daylight Edition
Review by Aug:|
Wow. Take some Miracle Chosuke some Ex-Models, the attitude of early/garagey Makers... this 4-piece whip up an impressive barrage of noisy rock/synth. They use the "Buchla Sound Machine" to produce the assult. Great stuff! Friends of KZSU DJ Eric K!
1. Opens up schizophrenic and manic. Noisy yelps over twangy, raunchy bites of chrunching guitar. Male vox rasp away. The phonetic howls over sawing strings remind me of some _earlier_ stuff from The Makers... but this is wild. The bass beefs it up! Tracks ends w/ synthy beats fading out.
2. Plotting guitar frums thru the intro... breaks into distorted male croons/yelps over intent drum beats. Just makes me want to shake something loose. Super noisy, super crazy, synthy flitzes and freaked-out
voices. Very much rock, very much headless chicken.
3. Building intro... guitars chunklets & symbals rise up alongside eerie man's voice. Rough stuff. Moody, about to burst. Guitar/bass feel like they're walking up to you, and stabbing to & fro at the same time.
4. Fuck Yeah! Great intro... meaty bass, wandering guitar. Voices are light, hovering... guitars hop in place as theremin-like oohs weave in & out. Awesome. My favorite track.
5. The band describes this as a solo on the Buchla Sound Machine (a device which makes electro-signals ready for amplification & can be "sung thru") I think of trying to squeeze a huge balloon thru a door, or a water fauced turned on just so it howls (like this song), or birds chirping w/ messed-up beats or sci-fi movie effects.
|1.||You Can't Do that to An Axe!||3.||Revelation Party|
|2.||Summer in Gommorah||4.||Raise Up the Judges|