|Mantissa / Building a Working Model|
|Album:||Building a Working Model||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-07-21||Pull Date:||2003-09-22|
|Week Ending:||21 Sep||14 Sep||17 Aug||10 Aug||27 Jul|
|1.||Jan 05, 2006:||I once was canadian |
|4.||Feb 27, 2004:||I once was Canadian |
|2.||Jul 07, 2005:||I Once Was Canadian |
|5.||Sep 18, 2003:||the discovery channel |
|3.||May 07, 2004:||I once was Canadian |
|6.||Sep 10, 2003:||press and release |
an indie pop boy and his strummy guitar makes friends with some dude who uses synthesizers and samples. main focus is still on the vocals and guitar but you do hear the electronic influence here and there. nothing crazily original but it's decent. think of it as a comforting blanket - you don't want a blanket to get crazy, do you? i like #2, #4, #6, #7.|
1. i don't know what this 0.17s "track" is
2. starts minimal with a strummy guitar then gets a bit louder when the scratchy synthesizers come in. pretty standard indie pop.
3. almost raspy vocals with a slow, mellow feel.
4. a little bouncier and progressively gets louder about a high school dance. cute and kind of funny.
5. more mellow laziness...ends with some weird scratching noises
6. ooo synthesized strings! i like.
7. whoa something weird happened to his voice in the beginning. more electronic that the others - lots of samples and effects.
8. a pretty standard slow-core type track a la low and bedhead.
9. more of the same.
10. he sounds almost angry here and you almost hear a piano here and there. long track ~7 min.
|1.||Building a Working Intro||6.||Lorelai|
|2.||Airport||7.||Boy From Oregon|
|4.||Hs Dance||9.||Waited Too Long|