|Tangiers / Hot New Spirits|
|Album:||Hot New Spirits||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sonic Unyon Records|
|Add Date:||2003-06-09||Pull Date:||2003-08-11|
|Week Ending:||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun|
|1.||Apr 07, 2006:||Distraction-Limited |
Return to the Ship
|4.||Jul 30, 2003:||Bite and Hide |
Red Stone Rocks
|2.||Mar 30, 2005:||two anthetical forces w/AL Walker, Esq - guest dj |
|5.||Jul 20, 2003:||To the Moon |
Red Stone Rocks
|3.||Aug 07, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|6.||Jul 10, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
Energetic garage revival from Canada! Hold on, don’t dismiss it yet. The energy is great, the guitar sound is decent, and the vocals are done really well, deriving a similar James Brown voice as Jon Spencer or the Make-Up. And fuck, I must add, it’s better for kids to grow up to this shit than to Limp Bizkit and Audioslave. Most of the songs have the energy of the Buzzcocks with the wilder side of the Rolling Stones. Despite how easy it is to hate this music, I’ll use my usual excuse of it’s fun, catchy, I’d enjoy it live (translation: get drunk and dance dammit!). 1, 6, 9, 5, 13|
1. charged, catchy, upbeat, fun.
2. great vocals, catchy chords, straightforward. white stripes.
3. sloppier vocals, great middle section, straightforward.
4. the strokes + organ. very fun and catchy nevertheless.
5. energetic guitar rhythm (strokes). i admit i like this one.
6. midtempo, straightforward very catchy stones feel. fun.
7. another stones song, vocals with attitude. cute solo.
8. start-stop rhythm then hard guitar on downbeats.
9. great make-up/jon spencer vocals, especially on chorus.
10. midtempo poppier, “rock band” feel
11. catchy swung march rhythm.
12. high energy groove.
13. catchy, with vocals using every trick in the book.
|1.||Red Stone Rocks||7.||Snxiety|
|2.||Keep the Living Bodies Warm||8.||Cavacool|
|3.||Here Come the Pieces||9.||One Thousand Hands|
|4.||Return to the Ship||10.||Eyes Shut|
|5.||Shocked||11.||Kiss My Lips|