|Various Artists / Ikebana: Merzbow's Aml|
|Album:||Ikebana: Merzbow's Aml||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2003-06-02||Pull Date:||2003-08-04||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun||15 Jun|
|1.||Jul 01, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Digital Hardcore Mix
|4.||Mar 18, 2006:||The Sleaze Hour |
|2.||Mar 21, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Mar 11, 2006:||Carpetbaggers! |
An Actual Attack
|3.||Sep 20, 2007:||Day Of Noise |
|6.||Oct 12, 2005:||Br**nian Motion |
An Actual Attack
Ikebana: Merzbow’s Amlux Rebuilt, Reused, Recycled|
Remixes of songs by Japanese noise artist, Merzbow. This condensed promo version of the double album has half pure noise based remixes and half beat based remixes. I prefer beat based music, so I tended to pick beat based tracks as my favorites. If you like purer noise, be sure to listen to those tracks yourself. I don’t think there is a bad track on here, and I’d play all of them. Oh god I wish they had sent us the full double cd.
(((1)))) DJ Spooky – Great sound collage, beat based piece, scratching take on Merzbow. I really like this track, but he had to include a “fucking” at -3:13. play it anyway, just bleep out the FCC.
2) Plug – fast paced piece incorporates (at times, funny) vocal samples, synths and uses noise samples to create a beat. IDM/DnB beat comes in around 1:30.
((3)) Alec Empire – heavily distorted beat, synths, off tune keyboard melody. Swirly noisy sounds. oh yeah!
((4)) Nau-Zee-Aun – beat-oriented noisy landscapes. Beeps, swirly electronic sounds, guitar, crunchy beats.
((5)) Mouse on Mars – rapid directed noise. (some parts sound like a dentists drill!) noise full of synths and distortion runs over MoM’s type of bubbly electronic melodies.
(((6))) Negativland – Blip ridden distorted noise interrupts the reading of a radio attack warning by an “official” announcer and some sick guy reading the same transcript.
7) Atom - slow, alternating beats, noise hiccups, light repeatative electronic melodies. (((8))) Cornelius – natural recording of a rainstorm is slowly broken up by noisy blocks that overtakes it.
9) Bola – very pretty dark synths, slowly works up to IDM beats with electro sounds and the same dark synths.
(((10))) Kawabata Makoto – starts with cricket sounds and crackles that get louder and becomes accompanied by clicking drones. Breaks into underwater sounds that cycle from left to right making me go cross-eyed.
11) Nobukazu Takemura – Some printer style noise and other sounds interrupts the constant squirly squishy noise.
((12)) Abstinence – scratched up vocal samples about noise, heavy noisy discordant beats.
13) Jack Dangers – scratchy noise that gets added to by lots of noisy crunchy sounds and low synths.