|Germano, Lisa / Lullaby for Liquid Pig|
|Album:||Lullaby for Liquid Pig||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Bmg Records (Local)|
|Add Date:||2003-06-16||Pull Date:||2003-08-18|
|Week Ending:||17 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun|
|1.||Oct 10, 2007:||growing up |
Lullaby for Liquid Pig, To Dream
|4.||Mar 31, 2005:||Eran Mukamel |
|2.||May 25, 2006:||Eran of the Unknown Mukamel f. chizzyti & Pung (post-post-post-punk) |
Into the Night
|5.||Mar 29, 2005:||Eran Mukamel |
|3.||Apr 13, 2006:||Eran Mukahanakhonamonrattanakosinmahintharaayuthayamahadilokphopnoppharatratchat |
From a Shell
|6.||Aug 14, 2003:||Civil Society |
Into the Night
This stuff would be just pretty and kind of interesting if you ignored the vocals...but you can't really do that. Focus is mainly on LG's late night confessions and thoughts, and her her deep, breathy (but not all lame and pseudo-sexy), subtly haggard voice is turned up like she's there singing in your ear. I gather she's been in some gnarley headspaces. There's a huge variety of instruments and sounds: strings, guitar (large dose of both), drums, xylophone, synth, samples, etc. Most songs have twisted nursery-rhyme or children's song melodies. Fun fact: she was once John Cougar Mellenkamp's fiddle-player!|
*1. Minimal percussion, treated piano.
2. Bass, strings, guitar. Slightly upbeat.
**3. The best I think. Drums, distorted guitar and vocals, sorta dub style bassline, electronics...very disorienting...she's in a dangerous place but too whacked out to escape.
4. Organ, treated piano. "Hate will grow with your alcohol glow/Into someone you know" Scary music box quality.
5. Vocals turned back a bit...warped and pretty melody, samples.
6. Bass, guitar, violin. A send-off for someone she's disillusioned with.
**7. Piano, guitar, violin. Really gorgeous sound.
8. Drums, steel guitar, piano, guitar. Time to stop trippin' and enjoy? She wishes.
*9. Nice underwater quality. Drums, guitar effects, cuts to piano instrumental.
10. Pained nursery rhyme, nice full flooded sound of piano and strings. Perhaps about drugs or lost love..."The world is just there...it doesn't move me"
11. More unsettling lyrics, but soothing orchestrations. Inner sanctum samples.
12. Ending the thing with hopefull words, quiet piano and guitar.
|1.||Nobodys Playing||7.||From a Shell|
|2.||Paper Doll||8.||Its Party Time|
|3.||Liquid Pig||9.||All the Pretty Lies|
|4.||Pearis||10.||Lullaby for Liquid Pig|
|5.||Candy||11.||Into the Night|
|6.||Dream Glasses Off||12.||To Dream|