|Fair, Jad and Jason Willet / Superfine|
|Artist:||Fair, Jad and Jason Willet||Added:||May 2003|
|Add Date:||2003-06-09||Pull Date:||2003-08-11|
|Week Ending:||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 22||Jun 15|
|1.||Jul 19, 2003:||the rust belt |
Diamonds and Rubies
|4.||Jul 09, 2003:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Jul 15, 2003:||Lick My Moody Guitar |
Thats a Promise
|5.||Jul 07, 2003:||Fly By Night |
|3.||Jul 10, 2003:||sad and dangerous |
Punk Rock 1996 Pt. 6
|6.||Jul 01, 2003:||The Lick My Moody Guitar Show |
Here we have some great noisy hilarious songs – 155 songs, 20 in CD audio format, another 135 as mp3! – from this cult legend of the late 70s DaDa group Half Japanese. Jad Fair also toured and sang for Yo La Tengo not too long ago, where he really let his Lou Reed voice fly, only more nonsensically. For the sake of argument, I also think of the same experimental spirit and zest for noise of early 80s No Wave, only without any pretense of social or philosophical meaning, and definitely with no desire to be more punk than thou. Think also of older Ween. |
1, 4, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16.
1. festive latin feel, horns, cowbell. fucking hilarious nonsense lyrics.
2. sequence of distorted percussions sounds.
3. sloppy detuned guitar strumming.
4. great belching rhythmic percussion, distorted guit, vocals in yr face
5. circus feel with noisy guitar in background. funny.
6. detuned guitars and dirty drum machine, disintegrates. great.
7. bass with sloppy guitar and drum machine. surf feel.
8. very surf, with drums and guitar. fucking hilarious voice.
9. sloppy drums and guitar, nasty shouting vocals, hilarious!
10. ween-like, repetitive detuned bass with guitar solo, voice.
11. spacey noises, guitar shimmers, shouts, xylophone.
12. hard and vicious screeches and shouts. fucking great.
13. drum machine and deep bassline with swirling noisy guitars.
14. song w/ detuned guitar, drums, vocals. several changes. catchy!
15. drony sounds, strummed guitars, whimpering sounds.
16. sloppy bass, guitars, driven drums, screechy shouts. chaotic!
17. drums and guitar, in your face vocal attitude.
18. spoken vocals with guitars. catchy, retro island sound.
19. tribal percussion, ends with swirling shouts.
20. piano accompaniment, funny spoken vocals. song like.
|2.||Lisa the Wrestler||12.||Transform|
|3.||Take Your Place||13.||Hooray for Life|
|4.||Apple Apple Peach||14.||Diamonds and Rubies|
|5.||Thats a Promise||15.||Diamonds and Gold|
|6.||You and I||16.||Punk Rock 1996 Pt. 6|
|7.||Superfine||17.||Punk Rock 1996 Pt. 7|
|8.||Big Star||18.||I Dream of Angels|
|9.||Give It a Go||19.||I Dream of You|
|10.||Candy Kisses||20.||Superfine Pt. 2|