|Abdelli / Abdelli|
|Add Date:||2003-06-23||Pull Date:||2003-08-25||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 19 Jan 19:||kim the friendly acupuncturist|
The Acupuncture Hour
|4.||Thu, 16 Dec 04:||DR D|
Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces
|2.||Mon, 03 Aug 15:||Shineymic|
Everything A to Z week 05 Everything A To Z
|5.||Mon, 25 Aug 03:||La Chanteuse|
Fly By Night
|3.||Thu, 27 Mar 08:||rohit|
|6.||Mon, 04 Aug 03:||La Chanteuse|
Fly By Night
He’s an Algerian (now based in Cape Verde) singer-mandola player (like an oud) who pre-recorded his vocals and a bit of rhythm before sending them out to collaborators around the world to finish. The result an interesting blend of cultural influences, but his voice doesn’t have much versatility, so it all kind of sounds the same.|
1. Slow vocal/strings…leads into track 2.
*2. Mid/up tempo strings/vocals. Catchy.
3. Slow flute, leads into track 4.
4. Down/mid tempo w/a melancholy feel. Nice strings.
5. Oud, pipes, cool percussion. Sort of bouncy..
*6. Upbeat strings/perc/pipes/vocals.
7. Spare & simple w/dramatic vocals/flute/strings.
8. Slow strings, vocals leads into track 9.
9. Uptempo strings/perc & that sad-sack voice..
10. Slow start, picks up into a mix of strings/flute/vox.
11. Relaxed w/a blend of vocals/perc/strings.
*12. Nice guitar, upbeat percussion, a happy sound.
*13. Busy layers of strings/percussion/vocals/pipes.
14. Slow, dramatic trad. Arabic sound, leads into #15.
*15. Klezmer-esque sound, vocals, strings. Mid/up tempo.