|Set Fire to Flames / Telegraphs in Negative/ Mouths|
|Album:||Telegraphs in Negative/ Mouths||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Set Fire to Flames||Added:||05/2003|
|Label:||Alien 8 Recordings|
|Add Date:||2004-01-26||Pull Date:||2004-03-29|
|Week Ending:||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Aug 18, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Feb 09, 2004:||The Digital/Analog War |
|2.||Feb 20, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
|5.||Feb 06, 2004:||Distraction-Limited |
|3.||Feb 13, 2004:||I once was canadian |
|6.||Jan 31, 2004:||On The Warpath |
Post rock. Drones, experimentation, quiet minimal sounds. This band is somehow related to God Speed You Black Emperor but has shorter songs, a more minimal sound and seems to be interacting with their environment a bit. |
1. Pretty guitar picking and strumming that is repetitive and hypnotic.
2. Quiet drone with some scrapes and cracks.
3. Quiet scrapes
4. A conversation of some sort and then wandering trumpet.
5. A pretty and hopeful sounding melody carried by guitar, bass, and some sort of keyboards.
7. A 15 minute track that starts very quiet. Nothing here seems to warrant the length. 8. Another very quiet beginning. Some nice drones and what sounds like environmental sounds at the end.
**1. Playing with the tape speed of guitar recording.
**3. Nice drone.
4. Playful, short, almost sounds like a gamelan.
5. Improvised percussion?
7. Percussive scraping and scratching of some sort and playing things around them.
8. Quiet conversation.
**9. Quiet drone, pretty, nice ending.
This stuff is over rated. -mph